SHOULD WE ENDORSE SUCH POLITICS OF HATRED?

Posted on May 3, 2008 in Politics at Play

{In an apparent bid to recapture his party’s Marathi sons plank being hijacked by MNS leader Raj Thackeray, Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray on Wednesday targeted Biharis saying they were an “unwanted lot” in all parts of the country.
“They are not wanted in Southern India, Assam and also Punjab and Chandigarh. The Biharis have antagonized local population wherever they had settled. The UP-Bihari MPs have shown their ingratitude towards Mumbai and Maharashtra with an anti-Marathi tirade in Parliament,” Thackeray said in an editorial in party mouthpiece Samana.} — NEWSLIB.

In a rally on Saturday May 3rd , 2008, in which Raj Thackeray addressed his party’s rally by saying that Shatrughan Sinha being a Bihari insults the Biharis, he even made rude comments on Amitabh Bachchan, Lalu Prasad Yadav, Mulayam Singh Yadav and other political and social figures residing in or visiting Maharashtra.

Raj Thackeray lashed out at North Indians working in the city, especially those from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.

A member of Maharashtra Navnirman Sena went to the extent of saying that the U.P.ites and Biharis ( Amitabh Bachchan and Shatrughan Sinha) should not speak until they are asked to because “ Maharashtra unke baap ka ghar nahi hai ’’

Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) Chief Raj Thackeray’s controversial remarks on north Indian people led to clashes in parts of Maharashtra in February while the state government ordered a high-level probe into the violence, a group called for a protest shutdown in Mumbai.

Now this is the vote bank politics Raj Thackeray is playing in order to convince all Marathi’s to vote for MNS. He should not forget even Bal Thackeray was not able to come to power on his own even after pursuing the politics of hatred for well over four decades and he had to reconcile himself to wooing all voters of Maharashtra irrespective of the state of their origin.
Rather than playing this cheap politics Raj Thackeray should take up issues which concern the average Mumbaikars — issues that affect their day to day life. Instead of spreading bitterness by his narrow-minded talks about regionalism, he should come out with policies and plans for the betterment of Maharashtra. But it seems that there is total bankruptcy of ideas in that party as far as common Maharashtrians’ upliftment is concerned.
They are disrespecting the Constitution of our country which gives every Indian the right to roam around freely in his/her country and work wherever he/she wants.
They should work for improving the overall standard of living (by tackling infrastructure issues like roads, electricity, housing, railways, judiciary, administration and other aspects of the society) of the people living in Maharashtra rather than giving speeches which incite mobs and act as a catalyst for violence and hatred. Has he ever raised the issue of corruption in day to day life which every citizen, whether Maharashtrian or not, has to face?

So people, what do you think about his vote bank politics? What do you think is the solution to all this? Will there be an end to all this?
Please post your comments and be a part of the active and aware youth
of India.

Meenakshi

Such incendiary remarks by the Thackeray’s are deeply regrettable and highly condemnable. I’m shocked to see that fellow Indians are being treated unwanted in their own country.If only we could show the Thackeray’s how un-Indian they are..