BI-WEEKLY POLL RESULTS: Would you accept your brother/sister if he/she were a homosexual?

Posted on October 15, 2008 in Society

My last Bi-Weekly poll was about whether you would accept your brother or sister if he/she were a homosexual?
The results were as follows:
40% of the readers said : Yes they would accept
20% said: No, they wouldn’t accept
40% said : They would disown their brother or sister.

From the above results it is quite clear that there is a great divide. There are a considerable number of people who are ready to accept their dear ones in case they found out that they are homosexuals,
While the other majority is of the extreme thought that they would disown them, no matter what. They would forget their relations and disown them.
While a minority says that they would not accept homosexuality but would try to accept their relatives, somehow.

Through this poll it is quite clear that there are many who need to realise that every person needs to be dealt with humanity and love. No body wants to be treated differently. Every one wants dignity.
People, do consider my plea and revert back through your comments.

Do answer our next Bi-Weekly poll question : Should there be a ban imposed on organisations like Bajrang Dal and Jamat-e-Islam?

Scroll down and find the question in the side bar to vote.

Thanks
Anshul Tewari

Anshul Tewari

To fallacybuster:
I appreciate your comment. Well you have made a valid point here, I do agree that abolishing of Section 377 is condemnable, as it talks not only about Homosexuality, but also about various mis-acts (I personally do not include Homosexuality when I say mis-act). I do agree with your views here, but don’t you agree that Homosexuals are just normal human beings like you and me and (my basic plea is) should be accepted completely, without any second thoughts and I think that I have made valid points in my article Why shouldn’t we accept THEM?
Thanks for voicing yourself and joining me in Youth Ki Awaaz, hope to hear more from you.

eisha

thanx for acknowledging…m the one who wrote the first comment while dis time not as anonymous….

i do agree on the neutral comment bit but it somehow gt emotional for me….

would love to be a part of youth ki aawaz….

n ya watever u r doing will certainly make a difference sum day if not nw…keep d great effort continued…tk cr..

Anshul Tewari

Well, Thank you Eisha for what you wrote above.
My basic motive is to create a new breed of young leaders with the potential to create a better India; your confirmation for joining Youth Ki Awaaz is very overwhelming for me.
It is the aware youth like you who can help in creating a change.
I would like to inform you that if you wish to write for us you can do so, on any issue you feel there is a need for the youth to be aware. Your articles will be published with complete recognition of your work and your name as well.
You can contact me directly at [email protected] for more.
And yeah, do spread the word, as it is not you or I alone who can do something, we have to hold hands to make a change.
Appreciate you…….
Take care and God bless

Anshul Tewari.

Miss Sunshine

nice topic anshul, and yeah, hard to accept, but ppl are so narrow minded, it shames me!

1 2