Mandate 2009: Congress Takes BJP Heads On

Posted on May 16, 2009 in Politics at Play

-Anshul Tewari

The mandate is out. The much awaited results of the Lok Sabha elections 2009 are here and the vox populi has been brought forth. Congress is clearly ahead of BJP. The Congress has 116 wins and 85 leads (figures as at 5:30 pm) leads whereas the BJP has 70 wins and 51 leads. BJP has been swept away in all 7 seats of Delhi and could not make it big in U.P as well.

The negative campaigning strategy of BJP has failed and so have all the other strategies. Laloo Prasad Yadav is feeling guilty for not supporting Congress at the time of the campaigns, and the Left has been swept away.

In the big states like Uttar Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh, the Congress has shown its magic and how?

In Uttar Pradesh, Congress won 21 seats, double than that of the last elections. In Andhra Pradesh Congress won 34 out of 42 seats. Although in Bihar and Tamil Nadu Congress couldn’t do well, it did a commendable job in various other states.

The results have thus proven that the Congress’ policy of development and Aam Admi did wonders for them, whereas the BJP’s black and white negative ads made them touch the base.

These elections have brought forth a tremendous mindset prevalent in many of us and that is, “we don’t care what you say. We are the public and we know what to do”. People want someone positive, not someone who believes in letting others down to bring forward his image.

BJP’s loss has led to the declaration by Shri L.K. Adavni, BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate and a political figure, about his resignation. This has led to great amount of disapproval by other members of the BJP.

A lot can be said now, but unlike the BJP let’s keep mum and let the numbers speak for themselves.

Congress is in the Jai Ho mode and so is the Aam Admi. Manmohan “Singh is King” and the BJP has lost.

The Congress now has many options to choose from for their allies and it will make a thoughtful decision.

Cheers to India’s new government. Let’s hope for a better tomorrow.

Click here for state wise numbers
Drop your comments.

Ms.R.

I so badly want Congress to win. It migh change non-voters’ attitude. Me included :)

Yes Ms. R,

Congress has won. Congrats.

BK Chowla

What has made me happy is that we will not be black-mailed by CPI-M.And also all the Goondas have been thown out,booted out

w.webmaster1

i realy want to join youth congress of Rahul Gandh
plz tell me how to join.

Hey W.Webmaster,

Join the Youth Congress is easy. Simply log on to http://www.indianyouthcongress.in/register.htm and fill in the form.

Regards