The Revolutionary Chatter Box

Posted on July 1, 2009 in Society

Anshul Tewari

With more and more development of the mainstream cinema, the silver screen is catching up. A simple strategy, as more and more youngsters are turning up in the Indian scene, saas bahu is out. What’s in? Social cause. Yes, that’s absolutely right. The world is moving ahead and so is the society, thus, people are moving ahead of Ekta Kapoor and taking to more and more realistic shows.

Balika Vadhu and Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Deejo are catching up, and why? Not only do they have the desired drama, they also touch the emotional quotient of the audience by focusing more and more on social causes.

With Balika Vadhu being based on child marriages prevalent in Rajasthan, Agle Janam is based on the sale of girls going on in Bihar.

The fact that these shows are topping the TRP charts clearly shows that not only housewives and the elder of the house are watching it, but also people like you and me who are interested in the society are watching. Who knows, the story might relate to someone’s life?

Although the launch of such shows triggered the launch of many similar shows, only those who have been sticking to the social message have been able to sustain their TRP’s.

Let’s hope that we keep getting quality content on the Chatter Box so that it is able to shed it’s image of being a box full of drama.

FLAG THIS POST