Movie Review: "Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year"

Posted on December 21, 2009 in Specials, The Opinionated

Anshul Tewari:

In many Bollywood movies, we have often been told that truth prevails. But in reality we never really come across such people who prove that truth does prevail. Rocket Singh was one such movie that brought me closer to reality.

The story revolves around a Sikh boy who did not get good marks in his graduation and plans to take up ‘sales’ as his career.

The movie is not the stereotype “struggle-fail and succeed” movie. Rocket Singh makes sure that the message that truth prevails reaches out to the audience in the most innovative manner.

SYNOPSIS

Harpreet Singh Bedi is a recent graduate who did not score well in his final exams. Unlike his other friends who wish to do an MBA or Law, he choses to become a sales man.

In his first firm, AYS, after discovering corruption and insult, he choses to act strong and determined and chalks out an innovative way of not working for the firm, while doing the same, and yet running his own business.

He picks up others from the firm, who are good at working but received somewhat similar treatment at the hands of their bosses. He even picks up his own boss. 😉

The movie then revolves around what ethical business and good service can do to a small business and what corruption can do to a big one. Also, a turning point in the movie is when the MD of AYS discovers about all this being carried out under his nose.

Presenting all this in a funny, creative and an innovative manner is what made Rocket Singh the salesman of the year, and the movie, a sure shot hit.

I would rate Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year at 4/5

What do you think?

Get your free copy of our eBook ‘Tips and Steps on How To Be The Change and Make a Difference’ now. Click here.

Recieve Youth Ki Awaaz news in your inbox. Subscribe now! Click here.

Supporters: SaveLife Foundation

BK Chowla

Unfortunately,it has not performed so well on the Box-office.

Sathish

It is an interesting movie..i wonder why it didn't do well in the box office!!!!

A non-masala…thinkable comedy type…

Kudos!!!!!

I wud recommend u to CATCH it!!!

Anshul Tewari

Hi Satish,

I completely agree with you on this one. It should have been a bigger hit.

Nice movie.

Anonymous

anshul, i would like to read a review of avatar on youth ki awaaz. I think avatar is a movie that relates to people of all cultures and contours .. it speaks of a global phenomenon of the socio-economic incident of a native population holding on to their lands, refusing to let go in the name of sheer exploitative arbitrary one-sided development.
thanks.