Telangana: A Divide and Rule "Khel"Angana for Politicians

Posted on December 14, 2009 in Politics at Play, YKA Editorials

Anshul Tewari:

The fast is finally over and Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) chief K Chandrasekhara Rao (KCR) is back on his feet. As Chidambaram agreed to work on the formation of a new state, Telangana, politicians around the nation erupted.

Telangana’s demand was a 60 year old demand. KCR took the Gandhian path to separate the state. Or in other words, divide the state. But his “gandhian” move was not really Gandhian. It was just a stunt by an ambitious politician.

By dividing Andhra Pradesh, KCR is doing no good to India, and the Government agreeing to KCR’s demand is even more shocking.

By raging fire in Andhra for their fasting leader, the workers of TRS have done no good to the state. The state was in a fix and had a run for its money. People rushed to banks when the TRS announced a bandh. It was a pretty bad situation.

Earlier, Telangana region was tense ahead of the proposed fast-unto-death by Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) President and former Union Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao, demanding immediate grant of statehood for the region.

KCR started his fast on Sunday in his home town Siddipet in Medak district, about 110 kms from here.

Alleging that the State government was using repressive methods to thwart his proposed agitation, Chandrasekhar Rao warned Chief Minister K Rosaiah that he would be held responsible for any eventuality.

And yeah! Guess what? As soon as P.Chidambaram announced that the Government would work upon creating the state of Telangana, Behan Mayawati came up with the demand for Harit Pradesh.

Soon, demands for Gorkhaland will spur up. Then every state will demand divisions.

At a time when India needs concentration on terrorism, recession and poverty; at a time when Andhra needs to deal with issues like education, water and rural development, politicians are concentrating on dividing the state.

My question to them is, how can you be so insensitive? Why do you ALWAYS act so selfishly???

I am a young Indian, and I deserve a free India, a India which has no boundaries. None at all.

Get your free copy of our eBook ‘Tips and Steps on How To Be The Change and Make a Difference’ now. Click here.

Recieve Youth Ki Awaaz news in your inbox. Subscribe now! Click here.

Supporters: SaveLife Foundation

FLAG THIS POST