Is 2012 The End Of The World?

Posted on January 18, 2010 in Specials

Romana Sohail:

Never before in the history has one day or a moment in time been so significant to so many religions, cultures, scientists, governments and so many people in the world. In the coming years it is predicted that there will be a dramatic increase in the floods, droughts, tsunamis, hurricanes, tornadoes, volcanic eruptions, disease, human suffering, wars, and disregard for human lives, wars, terrorist attacks, threats and rumors of nuclear attacks.

Though the prediction has gained more popularity recently many predictions have been made about it in different eras by different people. The

One of the main reasons for the predictions, prophecies and people’s minds being so over-whelmed by the end of the world on Dec 21, 2012 the earth, the Sun and the centre of the Milky Way galaxy are going to line up for the first time ever in 26000 years!! In addition the Mayan calendar predicts the end of the world on this very date.

The question that wobbles and teases the minds of the masses is that it is something more than a mere coincidence that both these two events are predicted on the exactly same date. Most of them even consider that the prediction, as made by some of the most genius people ever in history is bound to be right and there have even been instances of suicides where people killed themselves so that they did not have to face the end!

But being aware of these predictions, I do no think that 2012 is going to be the end of the world. Predictions have been made earlier about the end of the world being in 1000, 1666, 1924, 1992, 2000 but the only different thing about the 2012 is that it is getting the greatest attention (thanks to the movie and media).

The prediction that doomsday will occur on Dec 21, 2012 based on the fact that the Mayan calendar ends on this particular date is absolutely insane…the end of the calendar denotes the end of an era, an end of a particular period in time or even the beginning of life in a different way. Instead the end of the Mayan calendar is even seen by some historians as a time for celebration or the beginning of a whole new era in time.

So why are so many people in the world being so scared and worried about the end of the world on this particular date? The simple reason that clicks my mind is that being unaware of the reality and historical proofs in their entirety the people tend to buy these baseless, insane and crazy arguments in fear, awe or even just to be a part f it.

The end of the world has been forecasted millions of times but we all are living today. What I personally believe is that even if the world is going to end someday, the day can never be predicted by the scientists or any other human being because the creation of he world was a divine act and its end shall also be done by a divine power and not by some human being!!!

The writer is the Pakistan correspondent at Youth Ki Awaaz and also a student of Science.

Maybe not the end of the world, but a MAJOR shift has started and will most likely peake around 2012. I post about this on my site,

end of the world is always rocks……….

• Why Are Indians Running After Engineering?
  • Similar Posts