Love Is Not Restricted to a Valentines Day

Posted on February 12, 2010 in Love, Relationship and Beyond

Latika Wadhwa:

As Cher has rightly said, “If grass can grow through cement, love can find you at every time in your life”, so i dont surrender my beliefs that one needs a special day to express one’s love, which is a divine feeling that can be expressed at any given time without the longing for that special valentine’s day. In the present day scenario love has become a style statement for every young tongue and valentine’s day has become the official day to reinforce that special flair of rejuvenating it. Love is not something that can be sold or bought by the print media as it has now become the hot masala for the newspapers and the opportunity for “religious parties” to carry out their couple bashing motives on feb 14, every year.

By making the whole issue of “valentine’s day” the day when every young heart blossoms and brings out new joy and happiness that knows no bounds, we are only hampering the true nature of love’s discourse. Reinterpreting the meaning of valentine’s day which is the birthday of St. Valentine’s, who was the harbinger of love. It is the people who have considered this day as a symbol of eternal bliss upon love and have started treating it as something which includes the intervention of angelic cupids. Love is considered to be something that is devoid of any kind of social limitations and cannot be confined to the parameters of one single day.

Love is eternal, love is free; Love cannot be bound, it’s a wonderful spree…

The writer is a correspondent of Youth Ki Awaaz.

ayndrilla ghosh

excellent essay…. ya love can’t be confined into anything…let alone a single day….