The fun has just began for cricket lovers, with IPL just 20+ games old and many more exciting clashes on the line. We at YouthKiAwaaz.com are trying to give you 5 prominent innovations being applied in this year’s IPL —
1. Mongoose bat — The Giant from Australia used this weapon of mass destruction against the dare devilry of Delhi and destroyed its fort with huge sixes and fours
With this innings Hayden has certainly increased the sale of this unique bat and if he kept on playing like this with his new found love, then he will certainly bring a revolution.
This unique bat is designed to bring great bat speed, it has double sweet spot as it has done away with unnecessary wooden part and with its unique handle it provides leverage so if next time you see cricket balls disappearing then don’t ask why.
2. Rebels return — As the BCCI opened its heart for the ICL players who were banned by the big boss for joining the rebel ICL. These rebels are making headlines with their all round skills. The players doing justice with their talent are Ambati Rayudu (MI) , Shane Bond (KKR) and Sathish (CSK). Other players who caught the bus are Rohan Gavaskar (KKR), Abhishek Jhunjhunwala (RR). These players have proven with their bating, bowling and fielding that they still have the same energy, talent and hunger to excel despite years in exile.
3. Strategy break — Strategy breaks have been reduced from 15 minutes to 10 minutes per match as it had received huge criticism last year from critics and players as well. So Mr. IPL Modi this year brought a new twist in the tale. From this year the strategy break will be four in number with each break of two and half minutes.
The bowling teams have the option to take it from six overs to nine and as batting teams have to decide their proceedings in the death over’s, so they have been allotted the timeout from 11th over to 16th. So far, batting sides have used the breaks to their maxim but with IPL getting into its third week, we can see teams using this concept wisely.
This innovation has got a thumps up from all quarters as T20 and is all about speed, so, the shorter the better it is. Modi has introduced another innovation within this so as to increase the revenue and to satisfy the advertisers ans ponsors. During matches you can see that ads are roped in to make for the lost minutes in the strategic break. This is something very unique being applied in IPL this year.
4. Newer avenues for IPL — This year IPL is trying to spread its wings by conducting matches at four different venues. Ahmedabad, Cuttack, Dharamsala and Nagpur are the four new places where IPL matches are being held and are getting tremendous response in terms of spectators. The innovation does not stop here, this year IPL is getting better and bigger and is providing better facilities inside the stadium. Super hospitality lounge is an example of it where one gets a good deal.
5. Cash flow — Talking of innovation this has been the mother of all. Two new IPL teams have been auctioned for the next 10 years and the bidding they received is mind boggling. Sahara bid Rs. 1702 crore for the winning cause. They got Pune, while Rendezvous cashed in with Rs. 1533 crore for the Kochi team. Thus IPL showed that it is a league full of surprises and risky concepts.
This IPL has certainly elbowed the EPL with heavy weights. Chelsea a famous and 100 year old team with a well established brand was sold for 966 crores seven seasons ago, while these new teams who have got nothing under their belt and are new in the field got an astronomical sum. As dollars are raining in IPL it proves that as far as recession is concerned it has nothing to do with the IPL.
So what do you think about innovations this IPL? Drop in a comment below or mail us at [email protected]
The writer is the Sports Editor of Youth Ki Awaaz.
Further on in the tournament, we saw Kohli almost singlehandedly take India to victory during a tough chase against Australia.Read More >
Argentina has always been one of the top contenders even in the 21st-century due to players like Batistuta, Riquelme, Zanetti and of course you.Read More >
Knee-deep in political and economic turmoil, Brazil is reeling under the pressure of a flailing economy and lack of effective leadership in troubled times.Read More >
What a historic moment. You go, Devendra!Read More >
There was a time when cricket was a synonym to sports in India. But thanks to a new crop of shining athletes, that is no longer the case.Read More >