Follow Up: Telangana – Social Loss Due to Immaturity

Posted on March 5, 2010 in Politics at Play

This is a follow up article of our 2 part series on Telangana and the controversy involved.

Vasudha Nukala:

“Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero

This statement stands correct for the persisting issue of the division of Andhra Pradesh into Telangana and Andhra. The revolution which initially started out with a great intention of developing the Telangana region finally ended up as a fight of egos between the so- called leaders of the state. The fight which took place between the very few of the state has caused a huge amount of loss for the entire state. The position to which Andhra Pradesh has reached with great struggle over the past years went dropped down, all this in just a month’s time due to the state “bandhs” which were organized in protests of Telangana and Andhra. Difference of opinion on Telangana issue prevailed in every party and this issue saw to it that there was no unity existing among the leaders of the state.

The present ruling Congress party under Sonia Gandhi’s leadership lacked democratic decision making to solve such sensitive issues. Many political observers believe that Congress has an unspoken hand behind this political drama. The cold war which followed between KCR and Lagadapati, after the Centre’s decision of passing the bill looked just like the fight between two kindergarten kids fighting over their favourite chocolate. The fights, bandhs, protests which occurred in Andhra Pradesh lacked the maturity and common sense. The Prajarajyam Chief, Chiranjeevi has proved that the right place for an actor is a film industry. The announcement of the new state due to the worsening of ill-health of K.Chandrasekhara Rao, TRS chief, will in the future lead to a new fashion of hunger strike as their tool to achieve their goals. This fashion of hunger strike can show the foolish nature of the human beings. The leaders of the state, who are picked out to be the representatives of the state have brought shame to the state and let the whole nation down because of their personal rifts.

This comes as a wake-up call for the youth to take intelligent and intellect driven decisions while picking up their leaders. Voting is a very important process and the majority of youth have never taken interest in politics due to such immaturity displayed by the leaders elders. However, I strongly believe that to change the system, we, the educated youth have to enter politics and lead the nation towards a better future. And participate in the growth of the nation by voting intelligently.

The writer is a correspondent of Youth Ki Awaaz.

soma sekhara rao

Yes I agree that all should vote consciously and defeat the present set of persons who are contesting for their self interest. Seperation of the state will result in loss of precious agricultural land in the name of development and rapid urbanisation. on account of this agrucultural produce will come down which will have a cascading effect on the prices of essential food grains. Our country may have to import foodgrains to feed the massess. we may turn into an importer of food grains from an exporter thereby giving a dent in our foreign exchange earnings and reserves.

• Decision Making: Rational or Emotional?
  • Similar Posts