IPL 3: Bring It On!

Posted on March 11, 2010 in Sports

Sudhakar Jha:

The clock is ticking as the most exciting form of cricket begins from 12th march. Test cricket has held its utility strongly; the middle aged ODI has shown that it has not lost its sheen, but there is nothing that can stop the smallest version of the game from getting everyone’s attention. The IPL 3 promises much more drama on the field and even more off it, with much more star power, glitz and of course good cricket which is expected from all the 8 teams.

IPL 3 includes mighty teams namely Deccan Chargers, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Delhi Daredevils, Chennai Super Kings, Kings XI Punjab, Rajasthan Royals, Mumbai Indians and Kolkata Knight Riders. There will be a total of 56 matches in the preliminary stage before the top 4 teams enter the semi finals.

The IPL 3 begins with a bang with the first match set to take place on 12th March at the D Y Patil stadium, Mumbai with the face off between the IPL 2 champs Deccan chargers and the much hyped SRK owned Kolkata Knight Riders.

The IPL is a much awaited sport by the Indians as cricket is no less than a religion for this crazy nation. The opening ceremony will again be a glittering event as some of the Indian as well international artists like Deepika Padukone, Lionel Richie, Abba revival and UB40 will be performing live in the stadium.

The IPL 3 auctions were recently held where Windies all-rounder Pollard was the most expensive player going into the hands of the Mumbai Indians. New Zealand’s fast bowler Shane Bond was taken by KKR. There was much controversy over neglecting the Pakistani players in the auction. Shahrukh Khan, the owner of KKR had to face strong criticism from the politicos over his statement on the issue.

The event will be aired live by the official broadcaster SET MAX. a premium Hindi movies channel. BCCI has also struck a deal with YouTube for the complete live streaming of all the matches with a 5 min delay for India. The IPL 3 is expected to trigger off a lot of emotions in the crazy fans and the enthusiasm will be so much high that the event will be a smashing hit once again.

So watch out for your favorite teams sweat it out for the IPL 3 title.

The writer is a Sports correspondent of Youth Ki Awaaz

sudhakar jha

thank u abhishek for your advice… i wl keep dat in mind for the next time…..

1 2