Trying to stay fit? Looking for a personal trainer but can’t find the best one? Here are a few things to take care of and look for in a personal trainer. Keep ’em handy!
The meaning of the phrase personal trainer has changed a lot during the last few decades. In today’s age the role of a trainer has evolved and people are now looking for someone who can play the role of a mental and conditioning coach.
With a boom in this industry many people are joining in and it has become really difficult to find a qualified personal trainer.
So in order to find a good mentor you should set up your goals in the right direction and see what is it that you wish to achieve, whether it is weight loss, muscle gain, increase in flexibility and stamina etc. then look out for a trainer at your local gym and at the same time consult some online personal directories or a personal trainer finder.
There are many resource portals where such information could be found. You can also ask references from your friends or relatives who are already working with a personal trainer. Visiting a local gym and interacting with the members there about the facilities and the trainer is also a good idea.
Once you have decided the way you wish to choose your personal trainer then these are the things you should check before hiring him/her:
* Academic qualification — You should check his professional qualifications, whether he has a degree in physical education, sports management etc. and whether he is certified by ACSM, ACE or NCSA?
* Experience counts — You should make sure that your trainer has ample experience and most importantly whether he has past experience in relation to your goals.
* Easy interaction — Your mentor should be easily available for any kind of queries and if you have an online trainer then you should make sure that they give you their toll free number and plus other contact details so that you can communicate easily over telephone as well.
* Avoid unhealthy ways of training — If any trainer provokes you or any online trainer asks you to take prescribed nutritional diet in the form of steroids or other eatables then you should avoid those kinds of trainers.
* Fees — How much the personal trainer charges, is one of the most important factors you should consider so that it does not pinch your pocket too much and falls within your budget.
* Free session — In order to know what his training style is check if the trainer offers any free sessions. This will help you judge whether he is right for you or not.
* Maintenance of records — You should make sure that your trainer keeps a record of your fitness routine so as to refer back if any problem erupts such as any cramps and sores etc.
A Personal trainer is not easy to find and there is no guarantee that you will get the best, but if you follow these simple steps you will definitely be able to find one that you can work with comfortably and successfully.
The writer is a Sports Editor at Youth Ki Awaaz.FLAG THIS POST
Emphasis on beauty in an unequal and sexist society is every feminist’s nightmare. Watch, and tell us what you think!Read More >
This investigation, that included analzying police records across 18 districts of Bihar, shows a three-fold spike in communal incidents in the last two years.Read More >
I am 20 now. My mother and I are extremely close and have open discussions. But not everyone is fortunate to have someone to talk and discuss such issues.Read More >
I felt that though the publishers were rejecting it, it wasn’t because it wasn’t good work… I needed to wait it outRead More >
From now on I want to live my life my way. I am claiming what is mine… Nothing more, nothing less.Read More >