Nokia N900 Launched In India: Challenges iPhone

Posted on June 5, 2010 in Sci- Tech, The Opinionated

Anshul Tewari:

When Apple launched iPhone in 2007, it surely created the desirable buzz in the tech world. The iPhone series, poised for mobile users of all ages was a revolution in the industry. “Every once in a while a revolutionary product comes along that changes everything,” said Steve Jobs, CEO, Apple Inc.

Smart phones have already been the perfect tech-gadget drooled for by the young and old alike. Keeping the trend in mind a number of smart phones were launched, but none that challenged iPhone or managed to lower its worldwide sales.

In August 2009, Nokia came up with one of its most ambitious projects, the N900 smart phone, which according to them was “Computer-grade performance in a handset”.

India looked at this as a dream phone, with questions about its launch in India flooding the internet, especially the wikis. Expected to be launched in India in November 2009, Nokia failed to deliver the phone at the desired date, however, it has certainly covered up for it by officially launching the N900 in India on 4th June 2010, priced at Rs. 30,639.

As this phone comes as a direct competition to iPhone 3G S, Youth Ki Awaaz brings a video analysis to help you figure out which phone to buy. (click here if you are unable to see the video)

The above analysis brings a clear picture of the two phones and from the present set of features it is pretty clear that Nokia N900 score above the iPhone 3G S priced between Rs. 35,000 and Rs. 41,000.

As the trend shows, prices of Nokia phones are lowered a few months after the launch. It will be interesting to see how N900 deals with this phenomena and delivers to the Indian consumer, which is high on demand for tech-smart-phones.

With better features, lower price and a dynamic look, Nokia N900 scores above the iPhone. The question we ask you is, how much are you willing to pay for the Nokia N900?

The writer is the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of Youth Ki Awaaz. His interests vary from youth activism and rural development to blogging and social media.