Shweta Bhalla:

NOTE: This ranking is not latest, and is for the year 2009-2010.

DJ or a Disc Jockey is someone who plays recorded music for an audience, generally in a club or a party. They may play music in the bars, nightclubs discs or rave parties. They may select and play music or may even do some turntable scratching to create percussive sounds. In short, they are the life and soul of any club or party. They can make or break the mood out there; have the power to get every feet on the dance floor!

Each successful DJ has his own style of playing the music that eventually becomes his style statement and then a platform that slowly gets associated with him.

Indian DJs have truly made their mark in the nation as well as internationally. At the same time they never fail to connect with the masses; be it the likes of DJ Praveen who is always remembered for his ‘Summer of 69’ Bhangra remix, or DJ Suketu whose ‘Bin Tere Sanam’ gets people on dance floors in seconds. Brought forth is the list of the TOP 10 DJs of India (based on their fan votes on thedjlist.com)

1. DJ Praveen Nair

Location: Mumbai, India.

He is an Aquarian by birth, engineer by learning, a music connoisseur by profession; DJ Praveen is a down to earth friendly guy who is among the best Indian DJs to make it successful on the international DJ scene. He started spinning music as an amateur DJ in 2002 and since then he has risen to a meteoric success.

He has done the historical Bhangra remix for ‘Summer of 69’, established himself for a new generation of clubbers through Saturday night show on 93.5 Red FM, played at the top nighclubs and events, officially ranked among the top best DJs of India by the Times group and MTV, responsible for the success of the club Provogue Lounge (his first residency). At the same time he has also wowed crowds internationally in far flung places as Egypt, Australia, Malasiya, South Africa, Indonesia, Italy, Hong Kong and many more.

2. DJ Aqeel

Location: Mumbai, India.

He is the most sought after DJ and has played in more countries than any other DJ, and has been the only DJ to play twice at the World Economic Forum in Davos entertaining the likes of Bill Clinton. He has given the world some of the best remixes, his albums have made the record sales, has introduced the first ever DJ owned record label in the country under the brand PowerPlay Records, introduced the concept of Super Club in India

3. DJ Akbar Sami

Location: Mumbai, India.

He is best known as the Indian remix guru. He shot to fame with his first album ‘Jalwa’. He tried his hand at remixing the bollywood numbers as well and became a music director himself eventually, with Fast Forward.

4. DJ Suketu Radia

Location: Mumbai, India.

The’Bin Tere Sanam’ Remix; that’s how we know DJ Suketu. But this Mumbai- based DJ started his career as a DJ over 15 years back, with his debut remix album ‘440’ Volts, which had topped the charts with a number of hits like ‘Pyar Zindagi Hai’ and ‘ Bombay in my soul’.

And then he also made his mark in Bollywood by remixing many new songs like ‘Aadat’, ‘Baras Ja’, ‘Beedi’, ‘Ya Ali’, songs of Awarapan, Race and many more. The latest addition to this list were the remixes of the songs of ‘ Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani’; again being a hit among his fans.

5. DJ Nyk

Location: New Delhi, India.

One of the most dedicated artists around, he brings immense energy and passion to every project of his, something that never goes unnoticed. DJ Nyk, aka Nikhil Sahni, ‘being classy’ personified, without being over the top. He has been in the industry for 4 years now and has been very well established now, winning the hearts of the gurus of music as well as the public who have branded him the ‘King of Remixes’. He has already experimented with multiple genres like ambient, chill out, house, euro trance and even drum & bass and Breakbeats. At 23, he is a great sensation among his fans.

What started as just jockeying at local parties at the age of 16, escalated into him doing a serious study in the art of e-music. He has also been accepted internationally with performances in 25 worldwide cities like Hong Kong, Malasiya, Dubai, Bahrain etc to his credit. He also debuted in the Bollywood with the remixes in the SRK Production ‘Billu Barber’. He still continues to bring quality music through his signature EDM (Electronic Dance Music) productions and DJ sets worldwide.

6. DJ Akhtar Faisal

Location: Mumbai, India.

7. DJ Ravish

Location: Jaipur, India.

DJ Ravish literally lives , eats and dies on music. He started really young, being exposed to music at a small age of 15 years. By 20, he turned into the most liked DJ in the Jaipur City. His adventure started from spinning in the friend’s party and his passion for the same led him to make a career out of it. he entered into professional DJing at the age of 17 and has come a long way since then.

He started making it big on the Electronic Music stage, even started making his own tunes urged by his curiosity for softwares. His remixes have a new funky, punchier bassline and kicking kicks to bang the speakers, which is already a hit! His Bollywood biggies include ‘Dhan Ta Nan’ (Kaminey), ‘Twist’ (Love Aaj Kal), ‘Om Mangalam’(Kambakkht Ishq) and he is getting appreciation from all over. His music never lets the feet go off the dance floor. He is the star of any event. This young talent, for whom ‘even sky is not a limit’, makes everyone keep coming back for more.

8. DJ Ryan Beck

Location: Mumbai, India.

He has been DJing for the past 18 years. This exceptional talent has been the Winner of the War of DJs 1998 All Mumbai and a winner of DMC 19999 All India. Over this magnificent career span, he has been a resident DJ in a variety of high end clubs like Enigma, Waves, Illusions and many more. He has performed in almost all of Indian cities and many countries like France, Dubai, Austria, and Bali.

9. DJ Khalid Kazeem

Location: Chennai, India.

Dj Khalid has been a professional Turntablest for the last 10 years. He has been scratching on records and vinyls since the young age of 14. He has performed in the best clubs and bars all over the world and has gathered his fair share of fans. His great spinning and remixing techniques have seen him playing Bollywood and Underground Bhangra chartbusters, Electro, Club and House music to the ecstatic crowds.

10. DJ Nasha

Location: Mumbai, India.

He made a splash with his ‘Nasha-Flute Fantasy’ and continued to create many more great Hollywood remixes. He also has many Bollywood remixes to his credit. He has also opened a professional DJ academy in India. Some of his top tracks include: Flute Fantasy, Yara Sili Sili, Jawani Janeman; making him one of the most loved and appreciated DJs of the country.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 4:45 pm June 26, 2014
Dj Nickz
Reply
Author

Where is Dj Shaodw, Dj Lemon and Dj Jitesh. You really need to update your blog soon.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 2:10 pm April 24, 2014
Mousmumi
Reply
Author

Great list of DJs. My favorites are DJ NYK and DJ Dev :)

Harvey Specter
Posted at 2:40 pm April 3, 2014
Gaurav Malvai
Reply
Author

DJ Gaurav Malvai is also one of the best DJs in India. He played in many countries such as Germany, France, Italy, Thailand, Hong kong and more. He played for many celebrity’s birthday and marriage anniversary. His officially website is http://www.djgauravmalvai.com

Harvey Specter
Posted at 3:58 pm February 24, 2014
vicky
Reply
Author

dj shadow is best

Harvey Specter
Posted at 2:47 am January 16, 2014
r singh
Reply
Author

When your book a DJ for you Elegant big wedding,Uk finest & friendly Indian,Asian wedding dj http://www.djSukh.co.uk from http://www.rawechoes.com is a must to add some international flava that is traditional and energetic.Get highly talented dj who been in th industry since 1987.live mixing of Bhangra and Bollywood to the highest standard without a laptop weddings.
He is available for club and launch parties worldwide,mainly India,ca,eu and usa.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 5:48 pm November 27, 2013
mr r singh
Reply
Author

Our dj sukh from uk raw echoes is a good Indian dj http://www.rawechoes.com watching him perform live in front of a good crowd is what it is all about.but nowadays he mainly travels to india for weddings and shows.
call him for bookings.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 4:50 am November 27, 2013
Vishal
Reply
Author

Where is dj sandipan?

Harvey Specter
Posted at 3:54 pm September 3, 2013
vaibhav
Reply
Author

ravish you r the best

Harvey Specter
Posted at 3:20 pm August 28, 2013
Ridhi Murari
Reply
Author

Had no idea about the dj hierarchy of our country. Interesting !

Harvey Specter
Posted at 8:05 am June 2, 2013
dheeraj
Reply
Author

hey where is dj lijo? Ye sub toh bacche hai uske saamne

Harvey Specter
Posted at 12:03 pm May 31, 2013
Md. Zedi Akhtar
Reply
Author

Can anyone say me how to make my own DJ logo in Videos like DJ Zedi…

Harvey Specter
Posted at 7:56 pm May 22, 2013
Deejay DRD
Reply
Author

Now Many top Deejay R Exposed Result getting Soon

Harvey Specter
Posted at 7:29 pm April 11, 2013
Rushikesh
Reply
Author

1.Nyk

Harvey Specter
Posted at 10:36 am April 8, 2013
DJ Vinin earlier known as DJ Vineet Delhi
Reply
Author

Maruf almost there not bad good job and thanks for making me remember my first guru DJ Veggy from Pune sone of MILTON industries and a fantastic individual too

DJ Vinin -earlier known as DJ Vineet Delhi

Harvey Specter
Posted at 2:58 am March 20, 2013
Maruf Sarkar Munna
Reply
Author

I Am 100% sure my ranking is correct…
Ranking should be
1)Dj NYK
2)Dj Sahil Joshi
3)Dj Lemon
4)Dj Lijo
5)Dj Vaggy & Stash
6)Dj Ribin Richard
7)Dj Aqeel
8)Dj Tejas
9)Dj Hani
10)Dj Dev
Munna@01740966076

Harvey Specter
Posted at 2:46 pm February 7, 2013
arpan
Reply
Author

hi , my name is arpan dhyani,any one would like to buy OHM TOPS, AMPS & SUBS,9310310204

Harvey Specter
Posted at 12:10 pm September 1, 2012
Deejay Nayan
Reply
Author

On what basis is the ranking done ??? Whoever has done this does not know about the industry. Where in the list is DJ IVAN who is the India Resident of Ministry of Sound, London ??? Where is Jalebi Cartel ??? Where is Sanjay Dutta ?? Where is DJ Pearl ??? Why is DJ Nasha ranked at no. 10 when he is far better than Nyk and Ravish ??? Who is Praveen Nair and on what basis is he #1 ??

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 10:34 am April 8, 2013
    Reply
    Author

Deejay Nayan Well said DJ IVAN is the forgotten hero in the mushrooming of DJ tag/lable usage in the trade. DJ Pearl the India’s first lady DJ who kicks of SUN BURN Festival every year and her hubby DJ Nikhil …..DJ NYK and Ravish and Dj Ritesh of Spingurus all missed out in this. Thanks for bringing them back to memories including Jalebi Cartel who rose to fame with lot of struggle and hardships.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 1:07 pm August 26, 2012
Vineet Girdhar
Reply
Author

Absolutely Rubbish thats all u can say
DJ Vineet Delhi (trained in DJ Nasha’s academy) is the only DJ who not only produces tracks but also the only one in India who write songs too.
Greatness is not marked just because u play in clubs but also how much these DJs understand music.
Probably DJ Nasha Suketu Akbar Sami and Akeel are the only all time favourates but the new DJs are far beyond excellence.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 9:59 pm August 12, 2012
Amrit Singh
Reply
Author

Dj Shelin is my favorite <3 I wake up listening to his mixes…

Harvey Specter
Posted at 12:55 pm August 4, 2012
Dj Raj
Reply
Author

U CANT CAMPARE DJS WITH HIS PRODUCTION ONLY………SO MANY DJS IN INDIA …..THEY R NOT MUCH IN PRODUCTION BUT TOP ON PLAYING ……. JUST NOTED

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 6:20 am September 16, 2012
    Arun kumar
    Reply
    Author

i agRee wId You

Harvey Specter
Posted at 6:27 pm July 24, 2012
ankit sharma
Reply
Author

i lyk Dj nyk he is awsome……. i want to become a DJ lik him suggest me d way…………

Harvey Specter
Posted at 11:48 pm July 21, 2012
Vicky
Reply
Author

Hahahaha… Whosoever has written this article is the biggest fool and he doesnt know anything about DJ’ing industry. Where are the names of Amyth, Lost Stories, Amit Das? And u call Nair as No 1!! Rofl.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 5:30 pm July 18, 2012
deepak
Reply
Author

1 nyk

Harvey Specter
Posted at 5:29 pm July 18, 2012
deepak
Reply
Author

yup

Harvey Specter
Posted at 3:34 pm June 26, 2012
priya
Reply
Author

D. j emran always rocking in Delhi. He
number one of the Delhi N.C.R D.j

Harvey Specter
Posted at 4:05 am May 22, 2012
Karimi Wahid
Reply
Author

DJ Praveen Nair @ #1? I just listened to his music on YouTube and it’s nothing compared to how NYK does it.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 9:46 am April 27, 2012
gost
Reply
Author

kuch bhi kar lo but dj tiesto is best in whole world

Harvey Specter
Posted at 8:22 pm March 28, 2012
MUKESH
Reply
Author

DJ ZEDI IS A BETTER DJ THAN
THESE.
Dj suketu just theft Soulja boy(kiss me) s rhythem fo
piya o re piya(atif) remix.
ATLEAS DJ ZEDI
NEVER THEFTS

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 4:05 pm November 4, 2013
    Dj Nickz
    Reply
    Author

Suketu didn’t steal it he made his own rhythm

Harvey Specter
Posted at 11:02 am March 28, 2012
dj zahid
Reply
Author

well the list must go this way
1. dj nyk
2. dj dev
3. dj akhil talreja
4. dj a.sen
5. dj lemon
6. dj shadow
7. dj kawal
8. dj lijo
9. dj kawal
10.dj tejus

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 10:42 am April 8, 2013
    Reply
    Author

DJ Akhil DJ Lemon and DJ shadow finally remembered by someone I am impressed DJ Zahid ….you are a true admirer of real heroes in the world of indian DJing.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 11:33 pm March 21, 2012
Karthik nishant
Reply
Author

Hi frnds,,, this is me from south! 1st of all lets take young djs. Y dnt u ppl mntion ravish? Ravish is the best! Reggaeton king

Harvey Specter
Posted at 2:39 pm March 20, 2012
KAILASH
Reply
Author

WE LIKE DJ HARSH!

Harvey Specter
Posted at 6:16 pm February 13, 2012
opium
Reply
Author

No.1 Dj of India is Dj Mani from http://www.delhidjs.com.. Awesome remixes

Harvey Specter
Posted at 4:54 pm February 11, 2012
ashish
Reply
Author

1-NYK
2-NYk
3_NYK

Harvey Specter
Posted at 1:52 pm February 11, 2012
shiju
Reply
Author

1 dj suketu
2 dj akbar sami
3 dj a sen
4 dj jithesh
5 dj aqeel
6 dj nyk
7 dj harsh
8 dj shivam
9 dj nasha
10 dj dev
11 dj akhil talreja
12 dj lemon
13 dj amit
14 dj hani
15 dj lijo

Harvey Specter
Posted at 4:52 pm February 7, 2012
sharath
Reply
Author

why dont indian djs produce trance than mixing the bollywood tracks ? djing in india may reach a new height ! :-/

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 1:43 pm February 11, 2012
    shiju
    Reply
    Author

dj sukhetu and dj akber sami is the top djs in asia

Harvey Specter
Posted at 3:41 am February 7, 2012
djmaza
Reply
Author

what about DJ Rizwan …???

Anyone knw DJ Rizwan… ?
If not… Thn listen to his Remixes…
He is from Hyderabad…
I hope you guys will like his Remixes..

Harvey Specter
Posted at 6:55 pm February 4, 2012
zahid shaikh
Reply
Author

dj nyk is the king of remixes………

Harvey Specter
Posted at 8:58 pm February 1, 2012
djkaushik
Reply
Author

firstly.i like dj nyk he is awesome!
2. Dj lijo the electrowonderboy
3. Dj ud n jowin
4. Dj asen
5. Dj tejas

Harvey Specter
Posted at 2:43 am January 31, 2012
Rafiq Hassan
Reply
Author

I am writing to you from the United States of America from the Liyah Music Group and would like to introduce you to an artist living in Miami by the name of “Liyah”. Her music video Raise em High is now playing in South Africa on SABC TV3,Saffron TV and Channel O ( you can view video by clicking on this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GFvtHXZi2Y ) and her song went number one in Africa

Liyah had just got of her South African Tour with Pitbull. You can review Liyah’s catalog at her press kit epresskitz.com/liyahmusic .
If you require further information , please feel to contact me

I would like to submit Liyah,s songs to the DJs in India ,could you please point me in the right direction

Regards

rafiq

Harvey Specter
Posted at 6:39 pm January 28, 2012
anam
Reply
Author

Dejey merci n Dj nyk ,Djaquel is best of india>

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 6:40 pm January 28, 2012
    Anam Rock
    Reply
    Author

The best Dj of India Dj Aquel

Harvey Specter
Posted at 2:15 pm January 25, 2012
Praveen
Reply
Author

Hey Guys,
What about our hyderabadi DJ Asif, does anyone know about him? heard of him?

Harvey Specter
Posted at 6:47 pm January 24, 2012
Karan
Reply
Author

These are club bangers
Dj Suketu

Dj Lijo

Dj Ryk

Baap of every djs /m\

Harvey Specter
Posted at 4:47 pm January 21, 2012
Dj DPS & Dj DEV
Reply
Author

Hey, it’s Dj DPS & Dj DEV..

I THINK , the above top rate list is wrong..
IT should be…..

01.) Dj NYK & Dj NDS
02.) Dj Lijo
03.) Dj TEjAS
04.) Dj RYK
05.) Dj SUKETU
06.) Dj RIBIN RICHARD
07.) Dj SHIVAM & Dj HARSH
08.) Dj AKHIL TALREJA
09.) Dj A.SEN
10.) Dj RAVISH & Dj CHICO
after some year i’ll be here…DJ DPS

Harvey Specter
Posted at 2:47 pm January 20, 2012
Toshif
Reply
Author

India bast Dj for Rehan dj

Harvey Specter
Posted at 11:15 pm January 15, 2012
emraan
Reply
Author

where is dj lijo

Harvey Specter
Posted at 8:41 am January 13, 2012
shane
Reply
Author

DJ Ivan (Bangalore) Is got to be on the list not fair.

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 12:16 pm September 1, 2012
    Nayan
    Reply
    Author

I agree .. in fact he should be #1

Harvey Specter
Posted at 5:26 pm December 23, 2011
DJ AMAR
Reply
Author

Hello I Am The DJ AMAR My Fav DJ’s Are:
1}DJ SAM NSK
2}DJ Lijo
3}DJ Ka2n
4}DJ Sky
5}DJ Prith
-:Singed By:-
DJ AMAR

Harvey Specter
Posted at 5:24 pm December 23, 2011
DJ AMAR
Reply
Author

My Fav DJ’s Are:
1}DJ SAM NSK
2}DJ Lijo
3}DJ Ka2n
4}DJ Sky
5}DJ Prith
-:Singed By:-
DJ AMAR

Harvey Specter
Posted at 2:51 pm December 12, 2011
deejay adi
Reply
Author

im sry girl but shweta dis is 2011 tyms changed …….. nyk ‘s cumin wid nothin new…… n quite a few guys wid da comments are mostly crrct………. srry gain girl

Harvey Specter
Posted at 8:31 pm December 7, 2011
Karthik nishant
Reply
Author

But guyz, software mix is not only the part of mix! A dj should knw the disc work.
in other words he shud knw hw to work on turn table and online mix.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 5:22 am November 15, 2011
Abhijit Paul
Reply
Author

I think thay are best dj in india i very much like this djs remix song

dj nyk
dj lijo
A.sen
Dj Aqeel
dj dev
dj o2 & dj srk
dj piyush

Harvey Specter
Posted at 2:51 am November 15, 2011
Shoeb dj srk
Reply
Author

I like dj lijo i love dj lijo i’m big fan dj lijo very nic and very briliant performenc dj lijo n very hard electro music dj lijo i wish u ke tum bht aage badho ge by

Harvey Specter
Posted at 2:49 am November 15, 2011
dj nick _neeraj
Reply
Author

only dj nyk nd praveein nair is great man………

Harvey Specter
Posted at 2:58 pm November 14, 2011
Karthik nishant
Reply
Author

Younger DJs like dj nishant, dj lijo, a.sen, dj lemon, dj kawal, u.d jowin should be in list, becoz now adays music in their hands more….

Harvey Specter
Posted at 9:16 pm November 13, 2011
DJ RDX RAJ
Reply
Author

I LOVE DJ LIJO’S SONGS.MY DREEM SPR STR DJ LIJO.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 1:30 pm November 10, 2011
Dj ricky
Reply
Author

Hey dj shivam make some sound in midnght a club mix lets get us dance dued ur my super star

Harvey Specter
Posted at 12:06 am November 8, 2011
Ritesh
Reply
Author

I like the dj mix songs of dj shivam nice dued go on

Harvey Specter
Posted at 4:54 pm September 24, 2011
Ankit
Reply
Author

Only Dj NYK A.K.A Nikhil Sahni Is The God Of Dj’s
I would Like To Say Is India’s Top Dj Is Dj Nyk No One Can Be Stand As His Competitor In Front Of Him!!!!

NYK Rocks………………………………………………………..

Harvey Specter
Posted at 12:02 am September 23, 2011
mohit
Reply
Author

only DH HARSH

Harvey Specter
Posted at 1:22 am August 26, 2011
vickyyy
Reply
Author

best djs in india;

1- dj harsh (awesome remixes)
2-dj mer’c
3-dj shivam
4-dj taral
5-dj lijo
6-dj nyk & dj ryk

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 2:28 pm December 24, 2011
    Sandeep sagar
    Reply
    Author

I am with u… Vikky dj merc z d bst one….and I am a biginners and all of m’ bro plz help me to bekom a dj

Harvey Specter
      Posted at 8:27 pm February 8, 2012
      danish
      Reply
      Author

nyk iz d bestttttttttt

Harvey Specter
      Posted at 10:47 pm February 17, 2012
      Aman
      Reply
      Author

Ya its right i am with u

Harvey Specter
Posted at 2:17 pm July 2, 2011
Amit Dhasmana
Reply
Author

The above Rate list is wrong:-

It should be

1 Dj Suketu
2 Dj Aqeel
3 Dj NYK
4 DJ TARAL
5 Dj Nawed and Dev
6 Dj LIjjo and RYK, A.sen
7 Dj Moit and Rohan
9
10
Rest to be filled by you guy’s

Harvey Specter
Posted at 1:27 am June 30, 2011
dj sajib
Reply
Author

i’m wonderin where is the name of dj DEV??????…………….

Harvey Specter
Posted at 11:41 pm June 26, 2011
nitin
Reply
Author

one day my name will be add in this list ……

Harvey Specter
Posted at 10:41 pm June 8, 2011
djanik
Reply
Author

The name of dj lijo (lijo george) should be in there..i m surprised that dj lijo,U.D. RYK,chirag missing heere!!

Harvey Specter
Posted at 5:13 pm April 26, 2011
Mjjocky
Reply
Author

i like dj nyk & dj akbar sami song