Female Chauvinists! It”s Grace v/s Raunch!

Posted on August 22, 2010 in Shout Out

By Pallavi Chauhan:

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed herein are solely of the author.

A lady wearing a halter-neck top and a micromini walks into a café. Ultimately turned into the “apple” of every males eye, gauntlet of roving eyes followed every posture she made. Few bunch of waiters trying their luck by brushing past her. Aware of the reactions the lady tries to hook attention by being more sensuous.

What I am trying to emphasize in the instance that I just gave is the existence of “female chauvinist people” (sic). Gone are the days when the females took pride on being called “graceful”. Today’s women wants to be tagged as “sexy” and “hot”.

The society has forgotten the days when females use to be clad well to proportion and still looked gorgeous. The typical “raunch” culture has framed the game so perversely that young women now strive to be the “hottest” and “sexiest” girl they know rather than being the most accomplished one.

Today’s sexed up culture not only objectifies women but encourages women to objectify themselves. I am taken aback by few things that happened over the recent decade: the way Paris Hilton leaked objectionable tapes seemed only to enhance her career and increase the number of various porn sites featuring nude girls.

To objectify themselves women today are trying to alter their bodies surgically and cosmetically and insidiously confusing sexual power with power, so that embracing this caricaturist form of sexuality becomes, in their minds, a perverse kind of feminism.

Nowadays it has become really easy for women to get anything they desire just by making a bunch of males happy. This allows them to rise up really fast and fulfill their ambitions and goals in life.

So finally I would like to conclude that the society is so much under this “raunch” culture that they have actually kept their moral values and ethics at a stake and made the world murkier for the generations to come.

• Tweets that mention Female Chauvinists! It's Grace v/s Raunch! | Youth Ki Awaaz: Mouthpiece for the Youth -- Topsy.com
  • pallavi25111990 (pallavi chauhan)

http://www.youthkiawaaz.com/2010/08/female-chauvinists-its-grace-vs-raunch/
    please like this and comment on this..my first article!!

ayush bhatnagar

hey nice article…..keep it up///good work!!!!

Aditi Prakash

i second it!!!…awesome piece of writing…way to go pallavi:)))

Shashank

The point raised is worthwhile and article is appreciable. But be careful with your English. For instance
    bunch of waiters tried instead of bunch of waiters trying
    females used instead of when females use
    women want instead of women wants
    etc.
    plus use power/difficult words in the right context.[ I feel murkier is not the rite word here.]

PALLAVI CHAUHAN

Shashank thanks for critically viewing the article and really I am happy to know that you actually read it so carefully.
      I wrote the introduction in past continuos tense I believe dictating an event always happens in past continuous . Secondly murkier is according to me a right word here one can use it in place of “dark”
      thanks a lot
      regards
      Pallavi