PhotoNama: Is Gurgaon Really The Milennium City?

Posted on August 26, 2010 in PhotoNama

The Official website of Gurgaon reads,

New Gurgaon is the modern part of Gurgaon. It has modern facilities and a planned infrastructure. Old Gurgaon, on the other hand, has its own aspirations. Gurgaon os riding high on residential, commercial and retail developments these days.

The reality is different. Gurgaon, also known as the Milennium city is well known for its malls and industrial areas. But, it is equally popular for its lack of public transport, frequent power cuts, badly lit streets and much more. Here, our Photo Journalist Charu Bhatele brings forth the lacking infrastructure and drainage facility in Gurgaon leading to a chaos during the rains.

The roads blocked and traffic slowed down due to the rains. Image copyright.
Another road block due to lack of drainage facilities. Image copyright.
Image copyright.
Water clogged outside a residential area. Image copyright.

We would like to know your views about the above condition. Do drop in a comment below or tweet us at @YouthKiAwaaz. you can also email us at [email protected]

NOTE: All images are a copyright of the photo journalist and Youth Ki Awaaz. Please do not re-publish, re-use, modify without written permission.