PhotoNama: Is The Municipal Corporation of Delhi Really At Work?

Posted on August 19, 2010 in PhotoNama

Youth Ki Awaaz PhotoJournalist Sakshi Aggarwal travelled through the streets of Delhi to cover the very basic infrastructural problems, the base level sanitation and municipal work. What she was not much of a shock for a person who knows the MCD well. At a time when the CWG are on our heads, the MCD is least worried about basic cleanliness and problems. See for yourself below.

An area in Delhi where a wall was broken. The MCD is supposed to clear the left overs, but the answers are above. Copyright of Sakshi Aggarwal and Youth Ki Awaaz. DO NOT COPY.

Another area where the scrap has not been cleared since a long time. The MCD employs people to clean up the streets but here there seems to be a complete mismanagement. Copyright of Sakshi Aggarwal and Youth Ki Awaaz. DO NOT COPY

Another un-cleaned corner in Delhi. Copyright of Sakshi Aggarwal and Youth Ki Awaaz. DO NOT COPY

A well dug hole on the streets. Travel through the many constructions of the CWG and you will find umpteen such holes dug from place to place. At a time when safety is of utmost importance, this is the state of the streets. Copyright of Sakshi Aggarwal and Youth Ki Awaaz. DO NOT COPY

These and more holes are dug up all over Delhi. The MCD does not seem to care and all it does is -- blame the Govt, whereas it is the MCD's responsibility to cover such areas. Copyright of Sakshi Aggarwal and Youth Ki Awaaz. DO NOT COPY

All images are a copyright of Youth Ki Awaaz. Copying any of the photos for your website or any other purposes is strictly prohibited.

• Tweets that mention PhotoNama: Is The Municipal Corporation of Delhi Really At Work? | Youth Ki Awaaz: Mouthpiece for the Youth -- Topsy.com
  • Ramneet

good work sakshi… keep it up.. i hope it brings sum change to our everyday life totally starting nd ending up wid MCD. :)