PHOTONAMA: The Real Shades of India [Part 2]

Posted on August 3, 2010 in PhotoNama

In this PhotoNama photo journal, Youth Ki Awaaz Photographer Aditi Gupta tries to highlight various shades of the real India. This is part 1 of her album showcasing scenes from regular India.

Photograph 1:

A Lost Culture of the Re-birth of it? Photo by Aditi Gupta/Youth Ki Awaaz ©

Photograph 2:

A Delhi 6 Scene -- A man sits on his precious goods. Photo by Aditi Gupta/Youth Ki Awaaz ©

Photograph 3:

A moment of love. Photo by Aditi Gupta/Youth Ki Awaaz ©

Photograph 4:

By lanes of Delhi 6, as Aditi Gupta catches the shades of silk against waste. ©

Photograph 5:

Windows of Late Army soldiers' wives weaving their lives in Ranikhet. Photo by Aditi Gupta/Youth Ki Awaaz ©

Photograph 6:

The women often sing as they work, to help them sustain a rhythm as they move along the rows of tea bushes and deftly pick tea leaves with their agile fingers. Photo by Aditi Gupta/Youth Ki Awaaz ©

Do leave your comments in the box below.

To join us as a photographer please drop us an email at [email protected] with a few samples.

Sakshi Gupta

I love these photographs. I belong to Delhi-6 and these kinds of scene are part of my daily life. Being a designer, i observe them closely and then a rickshawala shouts from my back “madam ji side ho jao….” Wherever i turn my eyes a new story with new color combination goes on… I would love to be part of your group where i will get opportunity to capture these day to day stories with a message behind them.