Indian Youth Get Socially Positive

Posted on September 13, 2010 in Events

Samhita launches Socially Positive — an opportunity for the youth to contribute towards positive social change. This weekend put on your creative hat and do good.

Socially Positive is a nationwide campaign where you can use creative skills such as photography, film-making, designing and blogging to create awareness for social causes and support NGOs.

You need not be an ace photographer, an accomplished film-maker or a celebrity blogger. All you need is a knack for creativity and a passion to create positive social change. You can participate as an individual or in a team comprising of maximum five members.

Winning teams will get cash prizes and prestigious internships with social enterprises such as National Social Entrepreneurship Forum, Video Volunteers and MAM Movies.

Bloggers will get an opportunity to spearhead the leading social entrepreneurship blog — Think Change India as Managing Editor(s). Best entries in the photography category will get an opportunity to join ace photographer D K Bhaskar for a week long interactive photography workshop with kids in rural Rajasthan, Orissa or Andaman Islands.

Participants will have to select an NGO registered on www.samhita.org and work with them to create marketing collateral which can be uses during the Joy of Giving Week to raise funds for the NGO.

You have until September 24 to upload the collateral you create. Register now and create your team on www.samhita.org Visit www.samhita.org/sociallypositive for more information or write to [email protected] for any queries.

Event partners:

Partners