With the coming new year come new expectations and resolutions. A new beginning and a new approach. Those who have been visiting Youth Ki Awaaz for the past few weeks would have noticed that we have just released our new look. It is not a complete overhaul but an upgrade, an evolution to a new refreshing outlook that presents better the voice of the youth.
With this new look come new features, and advancements. On the back-end, we have upgraded our framework and are working round the clock to include the latest features and communication channels. Hopefully you will find Youth Ki Awaaz easy to navigate and a little less cluttered.
Even though we would encourage that you look around yourself, listed below are a few features of the evolution:
- A refreshed home page with an sleek featured posts slider: In our previous version, we were restrained to displaying only one featured post. Which meant that if we came across 5 beautifully written articles, we had to cross our heart and select one. Well, this has been done away with. The new featured posts slider that greets you will feature 6 of the best articles of the day/week/month, promoting individual issues that need your attention in a more prominent manner. Coupled with this is the refreshing background and the fresh white outline.
- Now LISTEN to our articles: With all the new features, we have added a prominent text-to-speech feature in all our articles. If you wish to listen to our articles instead of reading just click on the Â “Listen” button just below the title of the article. You can also download an mp3 version of all our articles.
- Threaded comments: We realize that it is essential to build one-to-one communication channels between our readers and supporters, thus, our new threaded comments feature will let you interact with the commentators here – at an individual level.
- Also, the home page will not only carry recent posts from categories in boxes but will also have the recent posts of Youth Ki Awaaz regardless of the category.
- The emphasis on individual issues will be more, and soon, Youth Ki Awaaz will have its very own forum for action and discussion.
- Take Youth Ki Awaaz wherever you go: A few months ago, we launched the much needed mobile version of the website at m.youthkiawaaz.com; for those who did not have smart phones – we launched the Youth Ki Awaaz SMS channel to deliver our daily content via sms (1 per day – activate here) and last month itself, we launched a dedicated free mobile application for Nokia users. (click here to download) With more advancements being made on our part to go mobile, we plan to reach out to as many cell phones as we can by the end of 2011. In the coming days you will see more such free applications and downloads.
- Now discover your interests: Our readers come from varied backgrounds with varied interests. Thus, we have added a resourceful “Discover your interests” box right below all our articles. This box will have topics/categories/interests and will catch your reading habits to suggest what suits you best. A special thanks to Bharath and Dhiti Dive for this wonderful innovation.
With this uncluttered sleek new design of Youth Ki Awaaz we are heralding into a new stage — our pursuit for truth is growing, and so is our want for change. We hope to see more interaction here, more issues being taken up and more people joining us over the period of time.
There will be many more new additions at Youth Ki Awaaz, in terms of the features as well as the people. You can join us here or intern with us here.
We look forward to your enriching feedback and suggestions. If you face any technical issues, whatsoever, just drop us an email at [email protected] and we will get back to you withing 24 hours.