Radia Might Be Involved With Foreign Agencies, Says Government

Posted on December 10, 2010 in Politics at Play

It came as a shock when the Government filed an affidavit in the Supreme Court on Friday, stating that in 2007 the Finance Ministry received a complaint against corporate lobbyist Nira Radia with the complainant suspecting that she could have connections with foreign intelligence agencies. (source)

Another blower in the affidavit was the speculation about Radia building a Rs. 300 crore empire by lobbying for corporate interests for over 9 years. The phone tapping happened over a period of 120 days in 2008 and 60 days in 2009. The affidavit also mentioned that further inquiry is in process. More allegations of Radia being an agent with foreign agencies, leaking secrets, has come forth.

The Govt also made it clear that the Income Tax department had not leaked the tapes, and that all possible steps are being taken to maintain further secrecy of all the tapes.

This affidavit came in response to a petition filed by Ratan Tata in the Supreme Court alleging that the tappings were infringing his Right to Life and Right to Privacy.

As this news comes at the time of probably the biggest scam of the decade, the 2G Spectrum scam, one might question if corporates are deep rooted into the scam.

We will update as and when we get more relevant information.