Does The UPA Government Deserve To Come To Power Again In 2014? [POLL RESULTS]

Posted on December 10, 2010 in Polls and Surveys

On 9th October 2010, we posted our poll question to our readers and response has been phenomenal. The question was:

Do you think the UPA Government deserves to come to power again in 2014?

When UPA – II came back to power the hopes were high. The common Indian citizen had seen signs of development, and the historical victory of the Congress led UPA proved that people want development, and opportunities. Even at a time when the world was undergoing severe recession, India managed to sail through without facing the worst conditions. But, looking closely at what the state of affairs today is, the Congress led Government has had a lot to cover up for. Amidst the various corruption scam, including the biggest scam of the decade, 2G Spectrum scam, the common perspective emerging seems to be that the UPA should not be elected in the center once again in 2014. The results show that a majority (63.48%) want UPA not returning to power in 2014.

While people might debate who the next political power in the center would be, the reality is that nobody is a holy cow. So who are we left with?

Image source.

Sadhogopal Ram

When the UPA came back to power in this term, I was really, really happy. But what I feel now is tough for me to describe in words.

I do not wish them to come back in power, ever again, i.e. if they continue to run the ‘business’ like the way they are running.

But then, if the opposition comes to the party, then, I can say this with utmost clarity that there will be more scams then there have been in the UPA lead ‘business.’

• Tweets that mention Does The UPA Government Deserve To Come To Power Again In 2014? [POLL RESULTS] | Youth Ki Awaaz: Mouthpiece for the Youth -- Topsy.com
  • Weekly Recap: #Delhi, #Julian Assange, #COP16, Gay Pride And More | Youth Ki Awaaz: Mouthpiece for the Youth
  • Parul

Sadhogopal has used the most apt word for the political scenario today. The country today is being run just like a business by a few businessmen but the main point why one cannot have such a strong NO for the UPA government is that we do not have a strong opposition, a strong opposition leader and the question will always be there that if not UPA then who?