Aarushi Talwar Murder Case: Revisiting The Evidences

Posted on February 14, 2011 in Exclusive

By Nitum Jain:

The Aarushi Talwar case remains unsolved even after almost three years worth of investigation, conducted first by the Noida police and then the CBI. 29th December 2010 saw the filing of a closure report by the CBI, citing Rajesh Talwar, the father, as the prime suspect in this double homicide.

The case has seen many revelations and much drama. Just recently, Rajesh Talwar was attacked with a cleaver held by Utsav Sharma just outside the special CBI court in Ghaziabad and sustained some serious injuries.

The latest in this thread is the special CBI court’s order to put The Talwars on trial, accusing them for the double murder and tampering of evidence. Special judicial magistrate, Preeti Singh, relied on the surmounting circumstantial evidence against the couple, statements of the witnesses and entries in the case diary.

The disappointment at the CBI’s handling of the case was very much evident; keeping in mind the visible evidence, it was expected from the investigator to file a chargesheet against Dr. Rajesh and Nupur Talwar.

When all other agencies fail, investigation of such a case is entrusted to the CBI. In such a condition, it is expected from the CBI that imbibing high ideals they submit such an evidence to the court which is logical and lawfully correct but in this case CBI did not do it, which is highly disappointing.” The Court said.

The Evidentiary Support taken into consideration by the Court.

1. The Internet Router: The internet router in Aarushi’s room was of the kind that had to be manually put on and off. According to records, it had been turned on sometime before midnight and turned off after 3 a.m. on the night of the murders. The Talwars, however, stated that the router often malfunctioned and thus cannot be held as reliable evidence. They also stated that it could have been because of a power cut that occurred that night. However, the CBI found that there was no power-cut anywhere that night, throughout Noida.
  2. The Witness: Dr. Sunil Kumar Dhore emerged as a crucial witness in the case; he conducted the post-mortern of the teenager. He gave a statement narrating an incident where Dinesh Talwar, brother of Rajesh, handed him a mobile phone with Dr Dogra (AIIMS specialist on post mortems) on the line through whom Dhore was asked to conceal any information about whether Aarushi Talwar had been sexually assaulted prior to the murder. Dinesh Talwar has denied this, stating that his cell phone records can be checked to verify that no such call was made by him.
  3. The Post-Mortem Report: The report by Dr. Dhore contained no self-defence evidence or external injuries of any kind. What it did show was the enlargement of the vaginal cavity and the white discharge found within; earlier the vaginal swaps had been reported missing from the evidence. This does provide a very suspicious turn to the investigation and also can be source to much conjecture about motives. Both, Aarushi and Hemraj fell to the same weapon, their necks slit with trained surgical precision (hence fortifying the speculation against the Talwars, both dentists). The report also cited similar V-shaped wounds on the heads of both victims which seem to have been inflicted by a golf stick, as suggested in the CBI closure report.
  4. The Conjecture: Prima facie, there were only four people present in the house when the murders occurred- Dr Rajesh Talwar, Dr Nupur Talwar, Aarushi and Hemraj, the latter two were the victims. Its simple math thereon. The court found no evidence in the case diary which suggested forced entry in the premises and neither was there any evidence to implicate the servants of the household. Also, Hemraj was dragged in an injured condition from the flat to the terrace and then the gate of the terrace was locked from inside. How did both the Talwars slept through all that – poses a big question on their supposed ‘innocence’.
  5. The Blood Stains: Blood-stained footprints were found on the floor of Aarushi’s room but none of them were found anywhere outside. For an outsider to come and go the footprints should have marked the floor from her room and till the exit via the drawing room to the main gate that has access to the entire house.
  6. The Whiskey: Blood traces belonging to both victims was found on a whiskey bottle in the house. The CBI wasn’t able to derive consolidated evidence from it (finger prints etc). One may wonder and one may ask; what killer would stay to have a drink when escape must be foremost in his /her mind?
  7. The Painter: The court also relied on the statement made by a painter who was asked by Dr Talwar to repaint the wooden wall that separated his and his daughter’s room soon after the tragedy. He has thus been accused for fiddling with the evidence.
  8. The Key: Aarushi’s room was always locked by her mother at night due to the 24- hour presence of male domestic help in the house. The key was always kept with Dr Nupur Talwar; however, after the murder it was found in the hall. The Talwars have an answer to that too, they say that she must have inadvertently left the key in the hall and it was used by the killer to get into her daughter’s room and then the killer must have returned them to the hall.

All these evidences points at thr very obvious. But the law is not so fast to jump to conclusions, and rightly so. However much the circumstantial evidence may be, the Talwars won’t serve time without the presence of firm evidential support, which is fair enough. The case has been in the limelight since the very day of the homicide and we have to just wait for it to unravel as the trial progresses.

Divyank Sharma

Aarushi Talwar’s Killer could be…The killer could be someone who was close to Aarushi. The possibilities are1. Parents (as they were in the house, but leave them aside for a moment)2. Family Relative / Cousin, who may had access to the house with keys3. School friend, who may also had the access to the house with keys* Possible Situation for Parents as suspectsIf they have found Hemraj in Aarushi’s room for any doubtful reason they may have and in a fit of rage or argument, with the golf stick, Mr. Talwar could have hit Hemraj is such a way that the blow could have struck a DOUBLE HIT to Hemraj as well as Aarushi by mistake that could have left them dead. Now if someone carefully understands a situation, the blow on Hemraj is at the back of the head and on Aarushi @frontal temple, and that is possible only if Hemraj’s face could have been closer to Aarushi’s face, so when the Golf Stick is struck to Hemraj intentionally, then at the same time, Aarushi could have been hurt unintentionally causing her death and then that could have let Talwars to a situation to wipe out the act with Hemraj. This later followed with incidents that CBI and Police have in their reports.* Possible Situation for a Relative / Cousin as a suspectKnowing of the facts that Talwar parents consume alcohol / drugs for their sleep, it is possible that a relative / cousin could have been obsessed with Aarushi.Considering that when Talwars were sleeping, this relative could have managed to get access to Aarushi (may be with her knowledge / consent or not), and finding this unfit, if Hemraj has interfered by any reason, then it is possible that a situation could arise where the relative could have killed Hemraj with the Golf stick, which may have hurt Aarushi or if Aarushi would have witnessed the same, the relative could have killed her too.* Possible Situation for a School friend as a suspectIn the similar situation, like that of a relative/cousin, it is possible for a school friend to have done the same act of crime.* Reasons for this educated & smart killer1. The criminal is an educated guy, who has tampered the scene of crime, fiddled with Aarushi’s mobile, memory card, data and computer hard disk.2. The criminal was smart enough to position Aarushi’s body, pillow, toy and school bag3. The criminal is not a single person and has taken help of another person to wrap Hemraj’s body in a mattress, take it on terrace (where the print of blood stained palm was left on the wall), leave it near the cooler, cover it & hide it, wash the hands in the dirty water of the cooler, put up bed sheets on the wires to avoid any view from the neighboring terraces.4. Coming back to the flat and having alcohol with blood stained hands (where the finger prints can be found)5. Clean up the steps, Lock the door from outside, leave the key on another floor behind a photo-frame.6. Amongst this entire chaos, the parents were just 7-8 feet away barred by one wooden door7. The postmortem report was fiddled, the mobile of Aarushi was fiddled, no reports of incoming & outgoing on house telephones or mobiles of Parents, Aarushi, Cousins, Relatives, School friends, were tracked, which they may have changed the sim cards with new numbers.8. Parents who are crying for Justice couldn’t wait for even 1-2 days more asking Police or CBI for investigation and cremated her body as fast as they can9. The entire floor of Aarushi’s room, which was blood stained was chemically washed out the very same day.10. Is it not possible for Rajesh Talwar, to have taken an injection or a drug or a dose of medication like Neurontin, Valium, Tenormin or Librium, before going for a narco-test or brain mapping or lie detector test? If so, he should be tested once again with a surprise without giving him time to take any anti-narco drug.11. The same implies to Nupur Talwar’s test, and I see no harm for them to go through these tests to help find justice for their daughter, unless they are guilty about it.In good faith, I have written my views to find justice for Aarushi.If you have any comments or ideas of any situation, that may help us to describe the incidents, then please post it here.Aarushi Talwar’s Killer could be…The killer could be someone who was close to Aarushi. The possibilities are1. Parents (as they were in the house, but leave them aside for a moment)2. Family Relative / Cousin, who may had access to the house with keys3. School friend, who may also had the access to the house with keys* Possible Situation for Parents as suspectsIf they have found Hemraj in Aarushi’s room for any doubtful reason they may have and in a fit of rage or argument, with the golf stick, Mr. Talwar could have hit Hemraj is such a way that the blow could have struck a DOUBLE HIT to Hemraj as well as Aarushi by mistake that could have left them dead. Now if someone carefully understands a situation, the blow on Hemraj is at the back of the head and on Aarushi @frontal temple, and that is possible only if Hemraj’s face could have been closer to Aarushi’s face, so when the Golf Stick is struck to Hemraj intentionally, then at the same time, Aarushi could have been hurt unintentionally causing her death and then that could have let Talwars to a situation to wipe out the act with Hemraj. This later followed with incidents that CBI and Police have in their reports.* Possible Situation for a Relative / Cousin as a suspectKnowing of the facts that Talwar parents consume alcohol / drugs for their sleep, it is possible that a relative / cousin could have been obsessed with Aarushi.Considering that when Talwars were sleeping, this relative could have managed to get access to Aarushi (may be with her knowledge / consent or not), and finding this unfit, if Hemraj has interfered by any reason, then it is possible that a situation could arise where the relative could have killed Hemraj with the Golf stick, which may have hurt Aarushi or if Aarushi would have witnessed the same, the relative could have killed her too.* Possible Situation for a School friend as a suspectIn the similar situation, like that of a relative/cousin, it is possible for a school friend to have done the same act of crime.* Reasons for this educated & smart killer1. The criminal is an educated guy, who has tampered the scene of crime, fiddled with Aarushi’s mobile, memory card, data and computer hard disk.2. The criminal was smart enough to position Aarushi’s body, pillow, toy and school bag3. The criminal is not a single person and has taken help of another person to wrap Hemraj’s body in a mattress, take it on terrace (where the print of blood stained palm was left on the wall), leave it near the cooler, cover it & hide it, wash the hands in the dirty water of the cooler, put up bed sheets on the wires to avoid any view from the neighboring terraces.4. Coming back to the flat and having alcohol with blood stained hands (where the finger prints can be found)5. Clean up the steps, Lock the door from outside, leave the key on another floor behind a photo-frame.6. Amongst this entire chaos, the parents were just 7-8 feet away barred by one wooden door7. The postmortem report was fiddled, the mobile of Aarushi was fiddled, no reports of incoming & outgoing on house telephones or mobiles of Parents, Aarushi, Cousins, Relatives, School friends, were tracked, which they may have changed the sim cards with new numbers.8. Parents who are crying for Justice couldn’t wait for even 1-2 days more asking Police or CBI for investigation and cremated her body as fast as they can9. The entire floor of Aarushi’s room, which was blood stained was chemically washed out the very same day.10. Is it not possible for Rajesh Talwar, to have taken an injection or a drug or a dose of medication like Neurontin, Valium, Tenormin or Librium, before going for a narco-test or brain mapping or lie detector test? If so, he should be tested once again with a surprise without giving him time to take any anti-narco drug.11. The same implies to Nupur Talwar’s test, and I see no harm for them to go through these tests to help find justice for their daughter, unless they are guilty about it.In good faith, I have written my views to find justice for Aarushi.If you have any comments or ideas of any situation, that may help us to describe the incidents, then please post it here.Divyank Sharma

Like ·  · Unfollow Post · February 11, 2011 at 3:05pm17 people like this.Nandini Singh Rathod Its impossible to believe that so many chaos took place in the house n aarushi’s parents remained deaf to it…May 29, 2011 at 4:20pm · Like ·  2Neil Shridhar No her parents cant do dis bt do u think she was having a boyfriend?May 31, 2011 at 1:17pm · LikeApurvah Sahay Aarzoo doesnt matter if she was having a bf.. that guy loved her alot, and as far as i know he cant kill a cockroache.June 1, 2011 at 3:53am · LikeNeil Shridhar yaah u r right…bt i dont think she was having bt her wont do dis..June 1, 2011 at 5:51pm · LikeAnirudh Ranjan Aftr goin thru all ma till now studies regarding this case .. i can say that .. Off corse her parents did this …. b’caz this is not the first case in which parents might hav killed their child .. many in Places like Muzaffarnagar , Shaml…See MoreJune 1, 2011 at 11:10pm · LikeNeil Shridhar I dont think so coz going through the case my doubt is going for other 2 workers in their house bt her parents wont do dis.June 1, 2011 at 11:14pm · LikeAnirudh [email protected] Shrider : Workers cannot do it dear .. yu think of it … y wud they want to …. ?? what they will get frm it ..???June 1, 2011 at 11:18pm · LikeNeil Shridhar Well sir the info dat i know is at d morning of 15th may a helper of Mr.Rajesh Talwar did a mistake nd dis made very angry so he shouted at him nd told him dat if it happens again he will fire him out.June 1, 2011 at 11:23pm · LikeDhaval Doshi now hemraj’s wife comes into the picture from no where…saying she had received a call from hemraj saying that mr talwar had threatened him to kill him….bloody sick police system….rip arushiJune 2, 2011 at 6:40pm · LikeNeil Shridhar nd bloody CBI too…June 2, 2011 at 7:27pm · LikeNandini Singh Rathod wateva but it was an innocent soul that perished in the end…
RIP Aarushi :(June 2, 2011 at 7:41pm · Like ·  3Neil Shridhar ‎3 years hav been passed nd still Aarushi nd her parents r not getting justice…wat d hell man…June 3, 2011 at 7:14pm · Like ·  1Nandini Singh Rathod Juzz think of it guys …
how can the Indian police solve a case which is so complicated regarding the culprits when they have not yet convicted the kasab the one … Whom whole of the word know is the convict ….
Bloody ruling system of India :@
sometimes i feel so shameful considering all this …June 3, 2011 at 8:40pm · Like ·  2Anirudh [email protected] — This is not big deal for Police and CBI …. Look over the case of Rajiv Gandhi and Ottavio Quattrocch in Bofors scandal ….. The Fodder Scandal in which Jagannath Mishra was involved ….. and there are many in the list .. th…See MoreJune 3, 2011 at 10:01pm · Like ·  2Neil Shridhar But sir we shoudnt loose hopes for dis case if government nd CBI cant do dis we will fight for her justice..June 3, 2011 at 10:26pm · LikeAnirudh [email protected] : Can yu give any of yur way to get justice to her ???June 7, 2011 at 10:53pm · LikeNandini Singh [email protected] its easy to say but really difficult to force it out ..!!June 7, 2011 at 11:10pm · Like ·  1Neil Shridhar I know sir dat its nt so much easy bt if we all indians protest for her justice den govt will do something regarding dis case.June 8, 2011 at 11:36am · Like ·  2Divyank Sharma The case can be solved if Talwar parents undergo Narco Analysis Test and Brain Mapping Test with proper medical procedures and without giving them chance to inject themselves with anti-narco drugs to manipulate the investigators. I am dead …See MoreJune 8, 2011 at 12:27pm · Like ·  4Neil Shridhar U r rite dude…!!!June 8, 2011 at 1:57pm · LikeSonali Shankar i know that her father himself killed her. R.I.P aarushiJune 11, 2011 at 2:27pm · LikeAnirudh [email protected] — Any basis for yur statement miss ..??June 11, 2011 at 2:32pm · LikeNeil Shridhar Dats all bullshit dat her father killed her.June 11, 2011 at 10:02pm · LikeDivyank [email protected], All sympathies to her parents, especially Aarushi’s father, but all we know, that he was there in the next room just few feet away. Aarushi’s mobile & PC wiped out cleanly, which the illiterate killers must kept doing the whole nigh…See MoreJune 11, 2011 at 10:23pm · Like ·  4Neil Shridhar U r rite dude bt der is no proof against her parents nd u only think dat how can her parents will kill her coz they loved her a lot.June 12, 2011 at 12:28pm · LikeNamrata Dey i think u r rightJune 12, 2011 at 1:25pm · LikeDivyank Sharma I think u both r right..but it better be that way when justice is done…or else…all the daughters of the nation will be humiliatedJune 12, 2011 at 1:41pm · Like ·  4Sonali Shankar something must have surely happened that night between her parents and her which resulted in such a drastic step…June 12, 2011 at 3:16pm · Like ·  2Ayushee [email protected] : Dude follow new channels i would suggest . Ever teensy bit of proof they got was only and only against their parents !June 12, 2011 at 5:25pm · Like ·  1Saurabh Khaire i have to agree that aarushi’s parents could be possible killer…but it is not successfully proved.. besides the killer could also be one of the 40 residents living amongst aarushi…could be her friend-turned-foe…or a stranger or even h…See MoreJune 12, 2011 at 5:29pm · Like ·  4Sonali [email protected]: exactly!!!!June 12, 2011 at 6:45pm · LikeNeil Shridhar I agree wid u saurabh coz i think the other 2 workers of Dr.Rajesh Talwar had done dis as i was going through this case.June 12, 2011 at 7:47pm · LikeDivya Shikha excellent…..!!!!!June 29, 2011 at 11:13am · Like ·  1Divyank Sharma Nupur Talwar asked to surrender by Supreme Court.
Non bailable warrant issued for not attending court.Friday at 3:52pm · LikeDivyank Sharma Hope justice is found for AarushiFriday at 3:53pm · LikeNeil Shridhar i dont know wats wrong wid CBI….y dey r doing dis 2 her parents….Friday at 7:14pm · LikeAnirudh Ranjan CBI is just in a hurry to close the case … Last tym they had caught the villagers of Hemraj .. but had to leave them as they don’t had a single proof against them … Now they are blamin all over again to Nupur Talwar … Might she be kil…See More24 minutes ago · LikeDivyank Sharma Logic is applicable at all levels..Guessing is not importantIn a view of explained circumstantial & substantial tampered evidence, any loose strings will allow the culprit only to manipulate the legal angle and make it worse. Cornering, pressure, abiding law, violating summons, bail rejections, etc, will bring out the some clues.

Nitum Jain

Divyank

You have listed many theories, any of which might just be true; but in the practical way in which law functions – by the book – there is no space of circumstantial evidence. Nor should there be as it will only lead to many innocents landing in jail. 
    I agree with you that if the Talwars have a free conscience they should comply with any tests or interrogation that the authorities demand, but I would also say that all is not as simple as we as outsiders think. What becomes of this case will only be seen in the future.

Samir Thapa

Nitum,
    In this case it is the overwhelming circumstantial evidences against the parents as the Talwars left no stone unturned to destroy the physical evidences. As the murders took place in a closed apartment and there were no eye witness, Talwars cleaned the body and the room, altered the post-mortem report to hide the evidences. In this case the burden to prove innocence is with the Talwars.  

If the prosecution manages to prove that Talwars did dress up the crime scene, did get the post mortem report altered then this would also prove that they were trying to hide the motive for the murder. Only a killer would try to hide the motive for the murder.

The CBI team has built a solid case against Talwars and the parents will find almost impossible to defend themselves in the court. I believe there will be many surprises …. I expect the wife of Hemraj to witness against the Talwar couple.

Sur Bharti

unlike:  cant believe all this. the views in the public is mostly based on the police (CBI) files which projected the case as it suits them. If the parents find one morning that their daughter has been murdered and domestic help missing, their natural reaction wd b same as that of talwars. CBI says that dinesh talwar didn’t gave them keys of the terrace when asked but one can imagine the state of mind of a father at that time, he had replied (according to CBI) ‘i dont know where the keys r’.  Last but not the least the SAME CBI HAS LODGED A CLOSURE REPORT DUE TO LACK OF EVIDENCE (Which had been strongly opposed by talwar couple) and now they r all confident, wat fresh material/evidence made them believe so. I can recall sanjay-gita murder case which had been discussed similarly and for that ranga and billa were hanged to death, i still remember their last statement before the hanging when they had said that they were petty criminals implicated under media pressure. so SO-CALLED MURDER MYSTERY OF THE CENTURY, is forcing the CBI to save their face and talwars r easy target. Its sad that talwars wd hv kileed their daughter as CBI cd not find any other killer. This is the same CBI that has never been professional in case of politically important cases. Sur Bharti

Nitum Jain

I have tried to understand your viewpoint and as I have said, I have compiled evidence which is very much circumstantial and thus needs solid evidentiary support to be considered as proof of crime. 
    I agree that a father would be in shock after the child’s murder but there can be a similar reaction if he is the murderer of his own child. This can hardly be given consideration in court.
    The CBI has more often than not dropped the ball in this case but we have to keep in mind that all the evidence mentioned in this article was compiled more than a year ago and at that time it wasn’t considered solid enough to take to court and was more like fodder for speculation. Today, since the arrest has been made, some evidence must have been gathered as this is a much hyped case and all movements are being watched. The court won’t pass a judgement without due consideration, we can only see what happens next.

Jaiveer Singh

I read the article and I was disappointed to note that every one (including) the author has conveniently forgotten to mention the first CBI report that was published. The third rate media propaganda in this country is deplorable and a crying shame. I see so many people come onto websites and social forums and stick their two penny bits by saying “her parents have killed her” that it annoys me till no end.
READ THE COMPLETE FACTS BEFORE MAKING AN ASS OF YOURSELVES: How many people know that The Talwar house was locked from outside on the day of the murder. How many people know that Krishna confessed to the crime on four different accounts during narco tests, that the Talwars on each of these tests have come out as being not guilty. How many people know that the initial CBI team sent to Krishna’s village found Hemraj’s blood on Krishna’s cloths. How many people know that the CBI conducted a dummy test to check if the Talwars claim of not being able to hear the commotion over the sound of the AC was proven conclusive (for the deranged lot who prefer shooting their mouth off – that means the CBI has agreed to Talwars claims). These are just some of the more basic facts that are readily available.
What really gets me going is the way NOIDA police have gone about conducting this enquiry, with a senior officer coming on a few hours after the murder – to tell public about the deceased girls ill repute and the parents so called wife swapping allegations. I mean its amazing that someone didn’t stop this idiot then and there.
Any self respecting human being would have seen this was the police covering up its tracks on an investigation that went terribly wrong. What is worse is that the media is hell bent on sensationalizing the story rather than ascertaining the truth.
I work in Media and I live in NOIDA: two things – NOIDA HAS POWER CUTS EVERYDAY.So for the CBI to say 4 years after the event that there were no power outages, is complete rubbish. Secondly, news in general is a joke today – journalism is dead. What worries me today as a resident of NOIDA and a tax paying citizen of this country is figuring out if The Law is picking up on what the Media has to say and dishing it out to the public to keep face or has the Media been taken over by corrupt law practices and being used to propagate general consensus in a direction that is completely baseless and miss leading.
For those of you who still want to shoot their mouth off – just remember, Barking loudly with a pack of Wild rabid dogs dosent make you their leader, it just makes you another Dog.

Abhisek

I don’t understand one thing. Wasn’t it possible for Hemraj to open the main door of the house/flat for the murderers to make an entry?Whatever circumstantial; evidence the CBI has given, there can be arguments against each evidence.

1.The blood in the foot prints may have all got absorbed in Aarushi’s room floor itself & nothing was left to leave a mark outside the room

2.As suspected,the murderers were more than one in number & though unlikely but they may like to had a drink after the murder as they were not scared of anybody at that time.

3.If somebody’s throat/neck is slitted with mouth forcefully cover up, Will he/she will be in a position to shout?

4.Crime scene was dressed up-which is also possible for the outside killers, but I agree that this is very unlikely.

5.A deep sleep after a tiring day work with door of the room closed may not wake up even an adult by small sounds.No murderer is so silly that they will make thundering & rumbling noise while carrying out such crime.

6. etc.

I agree whatever circumstantial evidence the CBI has presented definitely points the arrow towards the Talwars but that is not 100% conclusive to prove it.
So I don’t want any innocent person to land in prison.Unless it is proved beyond reasonable doubt benefit of doubt should go to the Talwars.

1 2