BREAKING: USA and Britain Launch Missiles Against Gaddafi Forces

Posted on March 20, 2011 in GlobeScope

A U.S. warship launched cruise missiles against Libya on Saturday as part of the international effort against leader Muammar Gaddafi, CNN reported, citing defense officials.

Al Jazeera reports that western air strikes hit Libya’s Mitiga Air Base near Tripoli. President Obama says he will not deploy U.S. troops on the ground in Libya. U.S. official says air strikes are the first phase in a multi-phase operation in Libya.

Is it right to remove Gadaffi like this? Could it lead to terrorist organizations entering and making a base in Libya?

How the operation will be conducted: http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/03/19/libya.civil.war/index.html?hpt=T1

Reports Reuters. We will keep you updated as and when we get more news. Check out real time updates below.

Neha Bhandarkar

Another World War is awaited :( :( :(