By Salony Satpathy:

Almost everyone has heard the phrase: “It’s all in the mind,” but how many have ever tried to understand its importance and implication? I was also a part of this crowd until a few days ago, till I was gifted ‘The Secret’ by my father. This book by Rhonda Byrne changed my way of life, renewed me and taught me how to live a peaceful and contented life and be an architect of my own happiness and success. In this book, the author unveils a ‘secret’ which she claims to have been known for centuries. In the words of the author, “It has been passed down through the years, highly coveted, hidden, lost, stolen, and bought for vast sums of money.”

The essence of the book is the power of our minds, which if identified and unleashed properly, can create waves of positive changes in our life. It deals with tuning our thought process which has the capability of making things happen; things that we otherwise would have never have imagined occurring. Everything that happens to us is directly or indirectly the doing of our own thoughts, which if modeled properly, can change everything in our lives. The book deals with the above mentioned theory scientifically, saying that our thoughts are magnetic and a frequency is associated with each one of them and when they are sent out into the universe, they attract like objects which are reflected back to us. In short, our thoughts become things.

This book answers questions like why are we asked to culture good and healthy feelings right from our childhood. As a matter of fact, these are the things that decide the course our lives take. The importance and need of feelings and emotions, the need to sometimes give in to things that our hearts desire for, the need to prematurely ‘feel’ the things we want to happen, the need to take good care of our health, the need to treat ourselves with love and respect, the ways to make our relationships with others work, the need and ways of expressing our gratitude to the Maker as well as everyone and everything that have touched our lives-all these have been discussed intricately in a detailed manner in the book.

The best part is that the theories mentioned in this book are nothing new. It is just an organized representation of what we have already experienced either consciously or subconsciously. Even before reading the book I have made certain things happen by just thinking strongly about them. A class test being cancelled when I strongly wanted it, my mother calling me when I wanted to badly talk to her, my fever vanishing when I convinced myself that I was perfectly fine are a few situations that have actually happened in my life. ‘The Secret’ has been realized by many great men like Plato, Galileo, Beethoven, Edison, Carnegie, Einstein and many other inventors, theologians, scientists and great thinkers and this realization has gone a long way in achieving success and helping them carve a space in people’s minds and hearts, to be remembered and talked about incessantly for generations to come.

A documentary movie has been made on ‘The Secret’ to showcase the importance and methods of implementation of this concept, but I feel there is a great difference between reading and viewing something. The impact created when we read something attentively is far more than any form of visual representation of the same. But owing to the shift of allegiance from printed text to videos in the current age, the movie is expected to reach a greater chunk of the human population. But I am sure that there is still a crowd that will support me in advocating for the book.

Rhonda Byrne has used statements and theories by many eminent personalities to illustrate and fortify the concept of ‘The Secret’, who are the co-authors of the book. They include Bob Procter, philosopher, coach and personal coach, Dr. Joe Vitale, metaphysician, marketing specialist and author, John Assaraf, entrepreneur and money making expert, Dr. John Demartini, philosopher, chiropractor, healer and personal transformation specialist, Dr. Denis Waitley, psychologist and trainer in the field of mind potential, Michael Bernard Beckwith, visionary and founder of Agape International Spiritual Center, and last but not the least, Jack Canfield, author, teacher, life coach and motivational speaker.

The book teaches various techniques and shortcuts to understand and implement this concept in our lives. Throughout the period when I was reading the book, I was unconsciously nodding my head in approval of the theories discussed, realizing how true and appropriate each one of them is. All in all, it is a must read in order to discover oneself, understand one’s true needs and desires, improve one’s life in every possible aspect and make the most of the power which resides within oneself.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 12:15 pm February 21, 2014
Devendra Singh
Reply
Author

u can find this book in any book-store or in any pustak mela…..:-)

Harvey Specter
Posted at 10:47 am October 31, 2013
DRISHYA APPACHU
Reply
Author

TYTthE booK hS ChAnGed My liFe….. aFtR reAdNG THE bOOk ….i Ve cHaNgEd Ma ThOuGHT pRoCeSS …. !!.iTs NoT olY liMiTd 2 Ma ThOghT pRoCEss bUt AlSo Ma EnTiRE FaMiLiES…. All I Ve 2 tEll Is ThNkS 2 RHONDA BRYNE!!!!!!!

Harvey Specter
Posted at 10:43 am October 31, 2013
DRISHYA APPACHU
Reply
Author

the book has changed my life… they way of thinking!!!!….the statement wch hs been approves … THOUGHTS MAKES THINGS … is really true n it is happng in my own life….it hs not oly changeg ma way of thinkng but aslo ma entire families thoughts….! all i ve 2 tell is thnaks 2 RHONDA BRYNE … 4 ths wndrfl book !!!!!!

Harvey Specter
Posted at 5:08 pm October 27, 2013
POORTI
Reply
Author

very interesting enjoying and must read book.it changed my thoughts 4 looking d world in a different manner.d movie of d secret is also quiet interesting n i think dat every 1 shud c it.Rhonda Byrne d great riter also thought to rite such a beautiful book n share d secret with every 1 around d world is also a great thing.MerI taraf se Rhonda Byrne aapko mera saalam. I think whoever vil c dis comment shud go n read d book.last bt not d least ………….its a awesome book !!!!

Harvey Specter
Posted at 9:13 am June 18, 2013
neha
Reply
Author

it’s a very good story
i theraly enjoyed it
it’s a awsome book

Harvey Specter
Posted at 12:33 pm May 27, 2013
Rajeshree
Reply
Author

m preparing for CAT entrance exams i find maths (quant) vry tuff …after reading ths book m trying to change my thoughts about maths….plz suggest me sumthng more how i cn overcome ths …i wana score 100 percentile thts my aim plz guide me over it

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 12:33 pm March 30, 2014
    Gaurav
    Reply
    Author

Go to playstore type ” the secret book”
    U wil get it or at best purchase it..
    Its wrth every penny my frend

Harvey Specter
Posted at 10:40 pm April 8, 2013
madhuri tibra
Reply
Author

i m from bkbit pilani, how can i purchase dis book…u acn contact me on 9928218100

Harvey Specter
Posted at 10:28 pm April 8, 2013
sandeepmaharia
Reply
Author

im an iitk student,can u plz tell me in brief usefullness of dis book ….8953454035

Harvey Specter
Posted at 5:29 am April 5, 2013
Girley Mkhwanazi
Reply
Author

It makes me feel alive,like i was born again in another plannet

Harvey Specter
Posted at 8:26 pm November 23, 2012
matilda
Reply
Author

i want so much to read it…

Harvey Specter
Posted at 11:57 am October 26, 2012
sanjay salve
Reply
Author

it is indeed excellent book. i could relate things in my past which really got attracted with the same theory explained in this book. it gives you positive approach towards life. thanks to the author!

Harvey Specter
Posted at 4:24 pm October 9, 2012
Prerak Dragr
Reply
Author

The Book Is Too Good.It Is One Of The Best Book Of My Life Which Help Me To Change My Life.I Just Loved This Book. :D

Harvey Specter
Posted at 6:37 pm September 4, 2012
shubham mulatkar
Reply
Author

nice booook i like every sentence in these boook.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 8:31 pm August 8, 2012
rupali agarwal
Reply
Author

want to read your book but they r jst abt ur buk…

Harvey Specter
Posted at 3:57 am July 4, 2012
Vishal Pawar
Reply
Author

I like that book so much because of that i am started to take my life positively by any way & because of this book you will definately get idea about how to take each & every thing in a positive. It gives you strengh to fight with negetive chapter in your life. This is the one of the best book i have ever seen.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 2:32 pm June 12, 2012
RAGHU. YASARAPU
Reply
Author

i am thank-full to book author Rhonda Byrne

Harvey Specter
Posted at 12:12 pm June 6, 2012
Bhavana Konda
Reply
Author

This book when i first inspired so much. I want it with me all the time to give strength and fill me with positive thought. I’m just a student and can’t afford 600 bucks. Thanks to “Mydeals” I have it now. I posting it so as everyone could benefited as i have.
http://www.mydeals247.com/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWBPLzojmT4 

Harvey Specter
Posted at 12:43 pm May 7, 2012
EKTA SINGH
Reply
Author

thank you

Harvey Specter
Posted at 2:11 pm May 3, 2012
Books Review Panel
Reply
Author

Good review. I wrote an extended review about the 
controversy, pros and cons of the secret book… 

Harvey Specter
Posted at 9:25 pm February 20, 2012
deepali
Reply
Author

jo hamare dimag main hai bas wahi reality hai,this is true.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 5:59 pm January 16, 2012
ANOOP KUMAR PURUSH
Reply
Author

i am a success leader in HERBO INTERNATIONAL PVT.LTD.
THE SECRET book is realy great…it’s too much…

Harvey Specter
Posted at 9:32 pm January 15, 2012
omang agarwal
Reply
Author

this book has actual truth of true life….lovd it

Harvey Specter
Posted at 12:01 pm January 14, 2012
sachin
Reply
Author

it is one of the best book of my life which help me to change my life

Harvey Specter
Posted at 12:00 pm January 14, 2012
sachin
Reply
Author

it is one of the best book of my life

Harvey Specter
Posted at 6:48 pm December 24, 2011
Nirav Kaushik
Reply
Author

Yes this is the book which can change your life at 360 degree….

Harvey Specter
Posted at 9:12 pm November 19, 2011
sakthy
Reply
Author

This is a wonderful book. But this book is very much in line with what Buddha said some two thousand five hundred years before. I am a follower of nichiren daishonin’s buddhism and practice of this buddhism helped me to understand this book more effectively and implement the principles explained in this book.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 2:07 pm November 10, 2011
Diksha Rai
Reply
Author

it is the truth of our life.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 3:28 pm November 1, 2011
kavita vishwakarma
Reply
Author

I had given my gold chain to my best friend and she told me that she’ll return the chain by the day after i had given but she yet not given the chain to me and her cell phone is also switched off then what should i do please tell me. how should i get my chain with her?

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 4:49 pm July 13, 2012
    prohantie
    Reply
    Author

am sure your friend will return your chain just give it some time and with her phone these probaly something with it!!she is your best friend that clearly means you know her very well!!!

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 3:06 pm July 30, 2012
    shiwani agarwal
    Reply
    Author

always think that ur chain is with you and u r wearing it gladly
    also think that ur friend is apologising on not returning it ……………………..9045903430

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 3:32 pm May 7, 2013
    SR infotech
    Reply
    Author

do complaint in police station

Harvey Specter
Posted at 12:55 am October 18, 2011
subhash kumar
Reply
Author

i purchased this book “The Secret”, just yesterday, seriously telling you, i reached the half way, and it created a word called ‘hunger’ inside me, the hunger to become a successful. It’s true that the person who has self believes is always take risks…and becomes what he or she wants.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 7:15 am October 17, 2011
aravind
Reply
Author

guys there is a book called ” the laws of spirit world ” i would strongly recommend u all to read this one. i am damn sure u will feel a positive energy around u. for that u gotta follow some simple methods.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 9:36 pm October 3, 2011
Upendra Singh
Reply
Author

Its one of the Best Book i have ever read. Its not only a Book but its the real Truth of the Universe and how the Universe Work.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 12:28 pm September 24, 2011
Parul Khurana
Reply
Author

Awesome book . . . i lyk ds book very much Thnk you . .

Harvey Specter
Posted at 6:54 pm September 19, 2011
vrushali
Reply
Author

this book is very good.from that book I always get positive energy.this positive energy is very important to fight any difficult condition.

“THANK YOU”

Harvey Specter
Posted at 2:16 am September 9, 2011
ravi
Reply
Author

i want be a rich and popular person.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 11:50 am September 8, 2011
Nagma
Reply
Author

I Like this book very much and i need more and topics about the attitutude of life.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 9:09 am July 9, 2011
rakesh bhatt
Reply
Author

how i will change my thoughts ,im depressed mere mind main bhaut sare negative thought aate h ncnt take dicision .

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 5:33 pm January 18, 2012
    niharika
    Reply
    Author

u r doing focus on -ve thougts nd trying to stop it so if u resist it wud b persist so do nt try to stop -ve thougths but try to change dese thoughts in to +ve thoughts

Harvey Specter
Posted at 4:29 pm June 30, 2011
Venkat
Reply
Author

If you have written the exam then how can that happen. The postive thought before six months of the exam and coupled with studying will help you. In your situation u need a miracle and not positive thinking. In your case Sai Baba would have been helpful……..

Harvey Specter
Posted at 11:48 pm June 22, 2011
ARCHANA
Reply
Author

while applying secret do we have to do any hard work/action or just think about the the object i want
for eg
i want to pass my group 2 in first attempt but my one paper went really bad i wrote only 15 marks but i want 40 marks to pass that so can i now pass by only thinking about passing in first attempt
pls reply

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 5:29 pm January 18, 2012
    niharika
    Reply
    Author

yes u can achieve anything applying secret , but u have to belive wat r u asking for
    , do nt mix ur doubts in it otherwise u r making ur thought weak . so believe on it nd it wud b done definitaly

Harvey Specter
      Posted at 4:18 pm January 4, 2014
      Arshad
      Reply
      Author

Yes, this book is really amazing. It charges you up with lot of positive energy. Let’s use “the secret” for all our positive desires and wished

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 12:02 pm February 16, 2012
    Harvinder kaur
    Reply
    Author

U KNOW WAT THERE IS ONE OLD SAYING WHERE THERE IS WILL THERE IS WAY. U JUST HAVE TO THINK THAT U’LL GET THESE MARKS AS UR LIFE IS DEPEND ON IT. JUST BELIVE ON WATEVER U ASK, BELIVE IT IT THAT YES I M GOING TO GET THESE MARKS & U’LL GET IT. OFCOURSE U’LL HAVE TO TAKE ACTION IN ORDER TO COMPLETE UR TASK BUT WITH POSITIVITY & BELIVE . TRY IT WITH FULL HEART. GOD BLESS U.