By Shefali Saxena:

The board exams have got done with. And the fight for competitive exams has begun. For those looking forward to admission in Delhi University need to pull up their socks. The cut off list is expected to be out a little early this time, contrary to the previous years’ calendars. The list is believed to come out soon after the ISC and CBSE Board Exam results are declared in May. The Common Entrance Test for the much coveted Arts Course, English (Honors) has observed an increase in number of colleges participating in it. This is good news for those students who score less in their Grand Total of marks but have an aptitude for English Language. The best part which DU has done away with is the OMR (Optical Mark Reader) forms, which used to create a baffling situation for the students every year. DU has come up with the facility of Online Registration which will be more convenient especially for the out station students who wish to apply in Delhi University, who earlier had to rush to Delhi to get just one form and fill it timely. This facility opens wide gates for an unimaginable increase in the number of applications, which are expected to increase largely. The increase in the number of applicants shall definitely be a threat to those aspiring students, because the Cut-Offs are likely to be much higher this time to get quality students.

Another important change that DU is witnessing this time, is that, the University has come up with a Common Entrance Test for Journalism (Honors) too. Unlike the previous years when students had to individually visit every college offering Journalism to fill separate forms, which was a grave inconvenience for all, this time Maharaja Agrasen College is conducting the Journalism Entrance Test. Earlier the students duly doubted the quick results of the entrance test conducted by individual colleges, who used to declare the results soon after two hours of the entrance test. Those who are appearing for this CET should be very clear that they have a flair and mindset for Journalism. Because there are many who mistake it to be a course similar to English (Honors), which it definitely is not. Journalism entrance test as well as the course asks nothing from the student, but fair General Knowledge, being updated with the current events, a fairly good English, with better literary and verbal skills in English.

Journalism, especially, is course that is sadly mistaken to be a course that makes you struggle. It is a struggle for those who do not have a regular habit of reading newspapers, listening to news, analyzing media and its genres with a critical approach. This industry is the right place for a person who is a good listener and a keen observer, with possible will for improvement and hard work. Journalism is a treat for those students who wish to explore the world with a wide eye and a pin pointed vision. The new and revised syllabus offers content from various Honors Courses of Arts and Sciences, and hence is an excellent source of gaining knowledge besides the practical aspect of Electronic Media and Print Media.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 9:21 am June 12, 2013
sanjeevani
Reply
Author

i got bfs 88.75% in commerce stream
do i have any chance for admission in journalism plse reply

Harvey Specter
Posted at 10:48 am March 26, 2013
Aayushi Bhatjiwale
Reply
Author

Hello,
I want to know that are there different exams for Journalism and mass comm. in DU? Because for Mass comm. there is only I.P College for women and for Journalism there are 5. So Do I have to appear for 2 entrances respectively?

Harvey Specter
Posted at 9:30 pm February 1, 2012
kritika
Reply
Author

hi, i’am presently in 12th…and i’am looking for a career in journalism.i ‘am interested in print media. my first priority is to get into du. also, i’am interested in doing journalism hons course but i dont have much knowledge about it .. please guide me.. and pls tell me about the whole procedure and tests to be taken for the admission.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 3:54 pm September 9, 2011
ajay singh
Reply
Author

i am in 12th class i want to become a news reporter so please tell me which subject is compulshri for doing a jurnalism in du

Harvey Specter
Posted at 12:18 pm August 5, 2011
NIRAV RATHOD
Reply
Author

HELLO MAM..
ITS NIRAV RATHOD FROM AHMEDABAD..
I HAVE COMPLETED MY 12TH THERE AFTER I HAVE DONE FIVE YEARS DIPLOMA IN FINE ARTS WITH DISTINCTION LAST YEAR..
AND NOW I WANT TO JOIN THE DELHI UNIVERSITY FOR THE JOURNALISM..
I WANT CREATE MY OWN VIEW TO THE WORLD PLZ GUIDE ME TO GO AHEAD..

Harvey Specter
Posted at 11:52 am July 31, 2011
ankush kumar
Reply
Author

I AM JOIN JOURNALISM PLZ GUIDE ME

Harvey Specter
Posted at 10:22 pm June 26, 2011
Shefali Saxena
Reply
Author

Hey Akshita !
first of all let me tell you, that the entrance test for Journalism at DU is over now, so probably if you’ve not appeared for it, you missed it this year! At DU there are 5 colleges which offer a bachelor’s degree in Journalism : Delhi College of Arts and Commerce, Kalindi college, Kamla Nehru College, LSR, Maharaja Agrasen, out of which all are equally good. All colleges are at par.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 10:05 pm June 23, 2011
akshita
Reply
Author

its an lovely article which would many people like me but can you please tell the best colleges under du which provide journalism course