A New Look Youth Ki Awaaz: All About It!

Posted on June 8, 2011 in Specials

Yes! We caught you off guard. Youth Ki Awaaz has undergone a redesign, a major redesign, inspired from simplicity and minimalism. This new design comes across as a part of our endeavor to keep improving and serve our readers better. While we did have a redesign last December, this one, a sudden change, was important and necessary.

Why a sudden redesign?

The sudden redesign has many reasons. Lets have a look at them point by point:

1. The earlier design of Youth Ki Awaaz took longer than expected to load in many browsers. Thus, serving as a major hurdle to our readers and leading to many people leaving the site without reading complete articles. It also had issues with image loading. While this design has no glitches in that regard. It loads quick!
  2. The content is stream-lined and there is no hodge-podge at all. The minimalistic design enables us to characterize the content based on the demands of the readers. Not only does this design have a better setting, the white background makes it easier for readers to read through tons of content in just seconds.
  3. Over the last few months we realized that minimalism and simplicity is the key. We want to build a good community around Youth Ki Awaaz and that is not possible with a glittery design, which has loads of blocks in it. Thus, we chose to go simple this time.
  4. More focus on content is what we have always wanted, thus, this design allows us to play with the interface and present more and more content to the front, enabling you to find what you like, ASAP!
  5. It serves the serious reader better; and can make any casual reader get serious about the issues we cover.

This design is here to stay! We have spent a lot of time making it work, and getting it reviewed by many of our loyal readers.

We would like you to go through the new design and explore as much as you can, and let us know if you find any bugs or issues which we can resolve. Drop us an email at [email protected]

Please feel free to let us know what you think in the comments section below.

YouthKiAwaaz

Guys! Do hang on. There is a reason why we shifted to this design. It gives us much more scalability options and a better arena to launch campaigns and more. Unlike our earlier design, this one has more space, thus allowing us to explore with the content. So before you jump to any conclusions, I would request you to stay tuned :)

Gitanjali

The design is good….liked it better than the previous one! Nice to see the change.

radhika

– I notice the design has changed again – prefer the less white design –
i think it gives a better – image..
and I think an all white background makes it harder to engage the reader – am not sure if there is an explanation for what I’m trying to explain – just expressing my opinion

1 2