SLUT-WALK: Support The Cause, Ignore The Name!

Posted on June 27, 2011 in Society

By Sam:

I support the Walk and I support the Cause. Let me clarify this to everybody who is misguided but the name of the walk. It’s the concept that matter’s not the original name. I see some posts up here that keep talking about SLUT not being in our vocabulary but the point is NOT the word. The point of this walk is completely different. About 3 years ago my classmate was dropping me home (a male friend) after a very decent birthday party. It was about 1am and I would like to clarify there was absolutely no drinking. On our way to my place these 2 cops just stop up… randomly… for no fault of ours and the only reason being that it was that late at night and there was a girl with a guy!

What followed has left a very deep impact on me and I have never trusted a cop after this incident. So this cop asks me where we are going and all that, and we tell him honestly about the birthday. He all of a sudden starts blaming me and calling me a slut and threatening me that he will put me in a remand home if I don’t apologize to him!!! FOR ABSOLUTELY NO FAULT OF MINE!! He said he would falsely build a case on me and make sure I rot in hell!!

From when is being out of the house late at night banned??!! Finally we were forced to pay him in order for him to shut up and let us go. After seeing such horrible cheap minded men in this country I think this country needs the SLUT walk (change the name if you want but the cause remains) more than any other place on earth!!! We need to show such men that we are not going to just sit back and take such injustice against women! Oh just to clarify I was wearing jeans and sweatshirt that night which had every inch of my body covered!

Abhirup

Horrible grammar. Complete mix-up of present and past tense. Cautious editing required to ensure quality content at yka

Ankur

What a shame?? The people who are put to service to protect us are the real Ghosts. A real shame. The police force?? But because of some perverts like this, the whole of the police department. I am disapointed an so should be the Government. A change is needed badly and soon.

Ankur

What a shame The people who are put to service to protect us are the real Ghosts. A real shame. The police force upto what?? But because of some perverts like this, the whole of the police department is being criticised. I am disapointed and so should be the Government. A change is needed badly and soon.