Social Project- National Video Competition

Posted on June 19, 2011 in Events

The Indian Youth Climate Network (IYCN) with the support of Humane Society International (HSI) is launching its National Video Competition-“Food in Focus” on food processing cycle and animal farming.

IYCN is an NGO in form since 2008. It is a network of young people in 18 states who are concerned about climate change & environment issues. The purpose of IYCN is to bring the voice of Indian youth on the global platform as South Asia is one of the most vulnerable regions affected by potentially catastrophic climate change & environment issues.

This competition is being organized to spread awareness on our food sources and how this affects our environment. Modern consumption patterns are resulting in wastage of natural resources across the world. Deforestation has risen to extreme levels to support our diets and this is now beginning to alter our climate and exacerbate global warming. It has been scientifically proven by the United Nations Food and Agricultural Organization that our global livestock is responsible for 18 percent of green house gas emissions. Our environment needs immediate attention. We all need to understand it’s a serious problem and it will hamper India’s plans for sustainable development

From amateur film makers to professionals, everybody can be a part of this innovative video making competition which is happening for the first time in India. The best part of this competition is one could click a video even with a cell phone or make a flash video. What really matters is the content! It sure does sound exciting, doesn’t it? Video Submission Dates: Open till July 31st. Log on to www.foodinfocus.in Write your queries to [email protected] or contact on 91 9985247744.

This is a press release. You can send us a press release relevant to the youth at [email protected]