Top 10 Engineering Colleges In India

Posted on June 5, 2011 in Learning+

By Pranav G:

With the admission season burning and youngsters from all over India flocking college campuses for admissions, we present a quick list of the top 10 engineering colleges in India, with the reasons why it made to this list.

1. Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB)

Advanced Pedagogic systems, exciting research, intellectual capital, dream placements, industry interface and superior infrastructure attributes to IITB leading the list.

2. Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IITD)

Emerging technologies, innovative degree programmes, oxford links through BBNM initiative, notable alumni strength, various student chapters and communities, expanding educational network, industry outreach.

3. Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IITK)

Established with the assistance of 9 leading US universities, sophisticated labs equipped with supercomputer PARAM, Diverse range of programmes such as Laser Technology, collaboration with industry.

4. Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM)

Internationally reputed faculty, effective administration, Several MoU’s and partnerships with foreign universities, innovative curriculum and grading system, many sponsored projects.

5. Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IITKGP)

Highest government funding due to its importance, lucrative sponsored research, array of programmes offered, best placements and salaries, distinguished alumni network.

6. Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IITR)

International academic collaborations, newly set with latest technologies and top notch facilities, state of art learning systems, industry tie-ups, funded projects and research.

7. Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG)

Collaboration with industry, Government aided projects and research for mutual benefits.

8. Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani

Unique 3 tier academic framework, International projects, technological museum, advanced engineering and scientific research, worldwide reputation, active placement cell for lucrative recruitments

9. Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University

Best Development of Intellectual capital, highest publication output of technological and engineering journals, books, supportive entrepreneurship cell, prestigious recognitions globally.

10. National Institute of Technology, Surathkal

Effective administration, sponsored projects of multi benefits, industry outreach.

Anita Sharma

Unless the elements of balanced score card details are given, there is no evidence to validate the results shown above. Many enginerring colleges claim 100% placement. What do they really mean by that ? whether a mechnical or chemical engineering students is getting placed in their areas of specialization or just placed in IT companies / BPOs ? How many engineering colleges are willing to post the details of their students details placed with their contact details in their web site? How many engn. colleges are willing to share the student – professor ratio? Admitting the cream students and shwning 100% is not a magic. Rather the engn. colleges which admit the students with average marks and showing the good results would be the best colleges according to me. Hence the details may be useful to those who have scored 95% + to decide which college to join in and not for an average student to join and improve themselves.

anant vikram singh

where does indian school of mines stand

rishab panchal

awesome post filled with very informative content,thanks for sharing with us.

Mirza Ghalib

I agree with the universities already presented here. Still I would like to add couple of the most reputed engineering universities from punjab with 100% placement records. These are Thapar University, Punjab Engineering College(PEC).

Prachi Sharma

Thanks for providing such a great help for selecting the right Institute for my further studies, Thanks once again !