By Chaitu Nampalli:

If you are looking for a career in Film-making and television then here are the top five colleges in India which offer the best courses in the country.

1. Film and Television Institute of India, Pune:

Among the top five the most preferred is Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune. It was established in 1960 and is currently celebrating its Golden Jubilee year. The ambience of the place is filled with best aspects of film-making. It is considered as a centre for excellence not only in India but also abroad. Its alumni include such luminaries as Naseeruddin Shah, Shabana Azmi, Jaya Bhaduri, Subhash Ghai, Mani Kaul, Shatrughan Sinha, Mithun Chakraborty, Tom Alter, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Raj Kumar Hirani and Vidhu Vinod Chopra and Oscar winner Resul Pookutty. The campus covers an area of about 30 acres and is planning to add 27 acres of land behind the present building for an international campus.

“We believe in giving students the freedom to interpret and learn things their way. So we don’t follow any textbook rigidly. Apart from some basic principles and theories, everything is fluid,” says Kedarnath Awati, professor of music.

It offers courses in Direction, cinematography, sound recording and sound design, Editing, Acting, Art Direction and Production Design, Animation and computer Graphics and Feature and screenplay writing. Apart from Acting, where it takes 26 students every year, all the other courses take 14 students. Excluding the above courses, it is also introducing new courses in film management, ad films, television journalism and 3D animation, and these courses will have a batch of 30 students, 2/3rd of the students being Indians and the rest foreigners. For admission in the above courses one must need a bachelor degree. For animation and computer graphics course one must clear XII class examination. Physics at the Plus Two level is essential for those seeking to study audiography. To support these courses this institute has outstanding faculty. Students get hands-on knowledge in all aspects of filmmaking and television.

It is equipped with two film studio floors and two television studios and in sound department it is exclusively equipped with Harrison audio mixing console. It has a spacious film and video library with a good collection of films and videos all around the world, and also a computer library has been set up recently.

2. Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute, Kolkata:

Next to FTII is Satyajit Ray Film And Television Institute (SRFTI), Kolkata, established in 1995. It is an autonomous academic institution and is administered by the ministry of information and broadcasting of the Government of India. Similar to FTII, it also offers Post graduate courses but only in four areas, they are Direction in screenplay, audiography, editing and cinematography. There is abundance of opportunities for the students as they are allowed to watch films in the institute. The institute consists of two theatres; one is main theatre and the other is called preview theatre, in addition to this there is also an open air theatre and also 35mm and 16mm screen projection facility. Libraries are brilliantly equipped. Batches are limited to 40 students and SRFTI attracts some foreign students as well. The institute has a canteen and provides hostel facilities.

And if someone wants to try out for Fiction and Non-fiction Movies production and everything related to it then SRFTI is the best option!

3. Whistling Woods International, Mumbai:

On the Top Five list third comes Whistling Woods International, Mumbai, established in the year 2006. It is chaired by the iconic Filmmaker and leader of Mukta Arts Production, the showman Subhash Ghai. The campus is designed with expert guidance of Australian Film, Radio and Television School. It offers a balanced, modern and complete course to the film making industry. It gives unparallel training in different aspects of Filmmaking. The infrastructure is fabulous and is geared with all the latest equipment. You can get every detail of it on their website.

The Whistling woods International Offers full time intensive courses which span over two years. The specializations available are: Acting, Cinematography, Direction, Editing, Business of Film & Television, Sound Recording, Design and Music Production, Animation and Screenwriting. There are Subhash Ghai, Shyam Benegal, Naseeruddin Shah, Hema Malini, Shah Rukh Khan, Karan Johar, A.R. Rahman, Dilip Kumar, Javed Akhtar, Mahesh Bhatt, Om Puri, Ramesh Sippy, Shabana Azmi, Ashutosh Gowariker, Nagesh Kukunoor, Satish Kaushik and many more as the faculty and part of the advisory board. Now, what more can we ask from this institution? The Institute is also helping students from less affluent backgrounds in getting loans and scholarships.

Mind You guys and girls, this is the Institute which is totally equipped with Sony Media Technology! And it is a platform for any of the aspiring candidate from all kinds of backgrounds as they have the chance to make their dream come true. Overall, WWI is modernized, amazingly equipped and it will give hands-on approach to both theoretical and practical aspects of filmmaking and television.

4. Center for Research in Art of Film and Television, Delhi:

The fourth on the list is Center for Research in Art of Film and Television (CRAFT), Delhi which is a non-profit, non-governmental organization registered as a public charitable trust to impart quality education in the field of film, television, and other media arts through short and long-term courses with specialization in various disciplines. It was established in the year 2009.

This one has a low teacher-student ratio, with 10 seats per course, guest faculty from the Mumbai Film Industry, training oriented towards film aesthetics, hands-on experience based on current industry requirement and rigorous training assuring guaranteed top placements. It is offering all the courses that FTII is offering and it also includes News Reading, Creative writing and Radio Jockeying. But the sad thing is that it doesn’t provide any accommodation for the students. Facilities are comparatively poor and faculty, though good, is not as impressive as the other colleges mentioned here. Overall, CRAFT is not so bad when it comes in satisfying students in terms of Teaching.

5. Asian Academy of Film and Television, Noida:

The fifth college is Asian Academy of Film and Television (AAFT), Noida. It has been training students in the art and craft of filmmaking since 1993. The Academy was built as an alternative to formal film schools and since then has established itself as one of the best film institutes in India. It proudly stands as the only film school in this part of the world to be certified by ISO 9001:2000 (International Organization for Standardization).

AAFT is offering four types of courses- 3 months course, one year diploma, two years diploma and 3 years course. These programs are taken into account based on the impact of media present in the day to day life. AAFT offers almost all the courses one wishes of when he/she is thinking of making filmmaking/television as their life’s goal!

All the modern facilities needed for the curriculum are present at AAFT, which includes 6 shooting floors, conference rooms, Rehearsal hall, film club, library, private screening rooms and 16 air conditioned class rooms. The health conscious students can use the gymnasium or they can play games like badminton or volleyball in the ground attached to the hostel. Students living in the hostel often get the opportunity of observing professional filmmaker and television producers at work. Security as well as an attendant have been provided round the clock at the hostel.

The placement of AAFT students is looked after by a special cell for rendering opportunities in the film and television industries, and since its inception the faculty of AAFT has been known for properly guiding and helping the students with their placement in the industry. The students are also given opportunity to work under Mukta Arts Ltd., Venus Ltd., Tips india ltd., Maruti International and also B.A.G Films.

Overall, AAFT is fifth best among the 5 options!!

Hopefully, this review might help most of the people. If you have any questions, please share them in the comments section below and we would be happy to help.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 12:44 pm July 16, 2014
Kunal Singh Rathore
Reply
Author

I m really confuse between Digitalacademy , Mumbai film acadmey and ZIMA!! What too choose? Plz reply somebody

Harvey Specter
Posted at 12:36 pm July 13, 2014
Praveen Kumar
Reply
Author

Its surprising that MUMBAI FILM ACADEMY IS AMONG THE TOP BEST RANKING FILM SCHOOLS IN THE WORLD PROVIDING TOTAL FILM STUDY COURSES.
http://www.filmschool.org/international/
http://www.filmmaking.net/filmschools/
and is not mentioned in your list. Please check http://www.mumbaifilmacademy.com

Harvey Specter
Posted at 12:26 pm July 3, 2014
JILBIN JACOB
Reply
Author

i have to change in my life …. But never mind side then I m so happy my parents
And my friends …. wen ..,ALL SO My big B GODS the real my life is hints thin he well be keep in my way so thanks for everything …..all so thanks

Harvey Specter
Posted at 1:01 pm July 1, 2014
aman kumar
Reply
Author

friends, i am in a greate dellima wheather to choose this film and television as an career option or nat,so plz help me out anyone

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 12:21 pm July 7, 2014
    Janki
    Reply
    Author

Hi aman,

Check out Digital Academy-The Film School too. Surprised Mumbai 1st reputed Film School does not have a mention here. Anyways visit their website http://www.dafilmschool.com for more details

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 12:41 pm July 13, 2014
    Praveen Kumar
    Reply
    Author

Visit Mumbai Film Academy counselor & get all your doubts cleared after detailed discussion.Call 9867726767.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 4:28 pm June 22, 2014
Wasim Ahmed
Reply
Author

What will be the expanses(fees) in studying film direction course in any one of these 5 institutes ???
(I asked this cuz i hv d desire to b a director in future…..presently I m in class 11 )

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 12:23 pm July 7, 2014
    Janki
    Reply
    Author

Hello Wasim,

Chk out http://www.dafilmschool.com . I have just completed my Film Making Course from here and have already started working. Check out their website http://www.dafilmschool.com for more information . But i know that they need a basic qualification on 12th atleast but you can connect with them directly.

Harvey Specter
      Posted at 11:01 pm July 16, 2014
      anil
      Reply
      Author

how long of course you did?and how it is hard to get admit there.btw im frm nepal.can you jst reply me in my gmail.??

Harvey Specter
Posted at 1:30 pm June 22, 2014
Suvambiswal
Reply
Author

hello,i m Suvam from
odisha. i wanna to be a
director.so which school is best for me.plz give your comment.

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 12:24 pm July 7, 2014
    Janki
    Reply
    Author

Hello Suvam,

Chk out http://www.dafilmschool.com . I have just completed my Film Making Course from here and have already started working.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 3:07 am June 22, 2014
Bolaji
Reply
Author

To whom this may concern,
Please,I’m a Nigerian and I wish to further my knowledge in film making in india. Is there anyone that may guide me as to which school is best and economical,alongside applying for a visa? Thank you.

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 12:24 pm July 7, 2014
    Janki
    Reply
    Author

Hello Bolaji,

Harvey Specter
Posted at 4:10 pm June 7, 2014
Rohit Mane
Reply
Author

Im confused between two colleges for Cinematography course
1: Mumbai Film Academy @ 2 : FX school .
any suggestion ?

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 6:22 pm June 7, 2014
    Manthan Gala
    Reply
    Author

Dear Rohit
    I am currently a film making student at Mumbai Film Academy and I have found that they have the Best Faculty for Cinematography & Lighting from FTII. Even the fees is very economical. I would recommend MFA to serious students.

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 6:25 pm June 7, 2014
    Rohit Pandey
    Reply
    Author

MFA is Best.

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 12:26 pm July 7, 2014
    Janki
    Reply
    Author

Hello,

I am huge fan of Digital Academy-The Film School MUmbai hence replying to all since the school has no mention above. Rohit please go and check out the school its in Gemini Studios -Andheri. It has the best faculty for Cinematography too as we had it as a part of the module in the Film Making course. So check out their website http://www.dafilmschool.com

Harvey Specter
Posted at 12:12 pm May 29, 2014
SUDHANSU RAULA
Reply
Author

hello,i m sudhansu from odisha. i wanna to be a director.but not able to pay that much of fees, so can any one say about CRAFT FILM SCHOOLS fees.plz guid me…..

Harvey Specter
Posted at 9:04 am May 18, 2014
akash Lama
Reply
Author

hey, my nAme is Akash Lama and I’m from Shillong,north-eastern region of India. I have just graduated from my 12 board exam.I want to be a film makers.I tired for admission in FTII in Pune but I didn’t got admission because last date of online submission of form was over.My result just got out and I scored only 52.8% .Is it possible for me to get admission in film institute and which ONE will be the best for me apart from FTII.Please guide me

Harvey Specter
Posted at 1:01 pm May 10, 2014
dpskoolsamit
Reply
Author

would have been nice to paste the links to websites of these.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 3:28 pm May 9, 2014
Nonie
Reply
Author

Hello. This list is not very accurate. FTII Pune and SRFTI Kolkata are clearly the best but its choice of 3-4-5 is terrible. I am working in Mumbai as an AD and have friends studying at the LV Prasad Academy, Chennai. Its a private course by the world famous Prasad Labs of the film industry, but its fee costs a fraction of Whisting Woods. Its student films have worn national awards. Have any films from CRAFT or AAFT ever won a national award? Another very good institute is the govt run NID Ahmedabad which has a film and video programme at the masters level. Lots of NID films have won national awards too and its a really good course. Again, costs very little compared to whistling woods.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 9:02 am May 8, 2014
Shivanka
Reply
Author

I am Shivanka from Delhi and would like to state that after a thorough research of film Schools all over India, I am of the opinion that Mumbai film academy in Lokhandwala, Andheri west is the Best Film School providing total film study courses. I recommend this to sincere film students.

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 4:03 pm May 8, 2014
    Archana
    Reply
    Author

You are absolutely right Shivanka.This film school has grown in the last 10 years and is on Top Position today.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 12:42 pm April 9, 2014
Neha Gupta
Reply
Author

Hello,
Just like many of the people here, I wish to learn direction. But I cannot afford institutes with higher fee structure. My research says that FTII has seized the admissions this year for the film direction course. Have read about CRAFT in previous threads…but m still confused with MFA and CRAFT. Can somebody please help me. Any suggestions other than these two are also welcomed.

P.S. – Please drop ur email-id if u r an alumni.Would b pleased to have a conversation so as to clear my doubts.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 6:38 pm April 1, 2014
dushyant
Reply
Author

hi……………i m dushyant me ek poor boy hu to kon sa istitute aachha rhega

Harvey Specter
Posted at 6:52 pm March 28, 2014
suriender Dhatwal
Reply
Author

yes when somebody said beloew that if you have money go to whisling wood……………………but where the poor people will go who donot have money…pl post more list of institutes where poor students can apply.now we know CRAFT film school is one but that is in Delhi
what about students who are in North east

Harvey Specter
Posted at 6:42 pm March 28, 2014
Ravi Goel
Reply
Author

hi guys,yes FTII and SRFTII is the best…………..but among private institute Whistling woods if you have money………if you donot have money then CRAFT film school in Delhi……..rest are all useless

Harvey Specter
Posted at 5:49 pm March 26, 2014
sunidhi
Reply
Author

hi guys,
i am delighted to see that CRAFT is considred in this list.I am agrdaute of CRAFT and doing fine in my carrer.working as an editor in madras.If you canonot join FTII you must think of CRAFT.only problem is that they accept 10 students in each batch

Harvey Specter
Posted at 7:55 pm March 24, 2014
R. Singh
Reply
Author

Want to spread a word of caution for students of film making. Recently got cheated by a place called Institute of Creative Excellence Mumbai, who have offices all over the country to admit students.Only good presentation and tall claims. Not worth a fraction of the huge fees they charge by making false assurances. Very arrogant administration. Make students sign a one sided agreement after receiving all fees in advance without giving them a copy. Facing many legal cases for duping students of huge amounts. Advise all prospective students extreme caution before paying them a penny. Do not get carried away by the false dreams they show.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 7:18 pm March 19, 2014
Rony
Reply
Author

My name is Rony and I am a student of Mumbai Film Academy. I am proud to say that the Faculty members are highly qualified and experienced in Film Making. I would recommend this to all the aspirants.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 6:34 pm March 10, 2014
rhythm92
Reply
Author

The colleges listed in this article are really some of the best ones in India. I am a student of film and television from FLAME,Pune and so far I have had a very good learning experience here. The faculty is exceptionally good and most of them have taught courses in Indian as well as international universities. When I was looking for colleges for film and TV in India,I did not want to join the horde and pick one of the mainstream colleges. I like it here, apart from good education,it’s a beautiful campus in the valley.Do take a look at it before applying for courses anywhere else! here’s the link to FLAME’s website: http://www.flame.edu.in/

Harvey Specter
Posted at 10:30 am December 18, 2013
Hesam Karden
Reply
Author

Hi! My name is Hesham and I am an International student learning Film Making & Cinematography at Mumbai Film Academy, I find this film school as one of the Best in India with Hostel Facility. The Staff & Faculty members are very co-operative and provide Hands on Practical training as they have their own Cameras, Lighting Equipment, Recording & Editing Setup. Overall it is a great experience at Mumbai film Academy.As their tagline says…IF YOU HAVE DREAMS…THEY HAVE MEANS.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 7:55 pm November 20, 2013
Krishna Sharma
Reply
Author

Mumbai Film Academy is rated among the top 3 International Film Schools, I am a Film making student from Mumbai Film Academy and have been trained by the best faculty members of Film & TV Media. I am currently Directing episodes for Crime Patrol on Sony Channel in Mumbai and wish to recommend this school for all aspirants of Film & Television Media.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 6:34 pm November 15, 2013
arun dhaiya
Reply
Author

Dear Neeti,
films schools mentioned above are Really top five.I am graduate from CRAFT film school and studied cinematography.today i am working with very good production hose as DOP and getting 30k per month.what i learned in CRAFT film school is coming handy,though i did not go to FTII.
arun dhaiya

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 9:51 am November 19, 2013
    siri vijji
    Reply
    Author

hi can u please suggest me how is CRAFT film school and studies cinematography.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 1:23 pm October 28, 2013
Neeti
Reply
Author

Hello!
This post is almost 3 yrs old!
Can you please post a newer article on this topic because the status keeps on changing!
Thank you :)

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 11:22 am November 3, 2013
    roma
    Reply
    Author

how does it matter FTII is staill no-1

Harvey Specter
Posted at 6:27 pm October 17, 2013
shashank chauhan
Reply
Author

hello sir,
i compleated my bechlor in last year in fine arts, at msu baroda, m intrested in cinemetography, bt m nt know which one is gud at all sides like fees, education, placement? can u gave me some informection?

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 3:50 pm March 26, 2014
    Abs
    Reply
    Author

Hey! Have you looked at FX School?

I have many friends who swear by the quality of the institute and its faculty. They’re all film students and are producing some outstanding work in their projects.

Plus, they have an international partnership with FXPHD for visual effects education!

I’m gonna join them soon… check them out at http://www.fxschool.in

I went for a counselling there and their Foundation level is awesome because you actually get to learn the basic level of not just Filmmaking, but also related subjects like VFX, Animation, Photography, Digital Art, etc. for 3 months before you go deeper into your Film specialisation areas.

Find their facebook page and follow them to keep updated… I think it’s called “filmmaking at FX School” or some such…

I judge an institute by their student work, and their students are producing some awesome stuff!

Good luck!

Harvey Specter
Posted at 1:13 pm October 3, 2013
Hari Shankar
Reply
Author

hlo sir i want tobecomea film director but i dont know from where i start and how should and what steps should i take, and in my surrounding there are no one who can guide me compeletly, and my family could not support too much financially..

Harvey Specter
Posted at 3:00 pm July 29, 2013
abhishek
Reply
Author

my friends laugh.. when i say i wanna be film director..!!! my parents who were there for me as my backbone in each n every stage of my life ..umm i don think they wil support me in this matter..me a film director..!! well born n brought up in village.. my people always wanted me to be a doctor.. fr which even i sacrificed my 130th ranking in architecture ..!!! but now .. i have made my decision.. decision to become a film director..!! so guyz… i need ur suggestions on this… if u consider ”direction” course alone.. which institute you suggest..!?? can anyone say how to get scolarship in Whistling Woods International, Mumbai .. !??? or can nyone say how one can get a scholarship in the above mentioned institutes…!!! please i need ur valuable suggestions… before the time takes me over again …!!!!

Harvey Specter
Posted at 11:12 am July 18, 2013
muhammedsha
Reply
Author

Sir,
I like to know About
how to apply for Film And Television institute of india,pune
is this a good institute for Film Editing Course..i like to learn from this institute.what is the course fee.and tell me about Placement cell in this institute.if you could please inform me then it will be very helpful for me….

Harvey Specter
Posted at 10:24 pm June 25, 2013
Kshitiz Srivastava
Reply
Author

Hello sir,
. I am joining AAFT for 3year course(Direction)….. How is it ?????

Harvey Specter
Posted at 12:22 am June 17, 2013
Bishal
Reply
Author

I have completed my diploma course in Electronics and Communication Engg. However my dream is to become a Video Editor and a Cinematographar. So please tell me what should i do to achieve it and make my carrier as a successful film video editor and cinematographer?
p.S. I have not Studied Class XII as took admission in diploma directly after my matriculation.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 8:05 pm June 11, 2013
ikshu khera
Reply
Author

Sir/Ma’am ..
I have just passed my 12th class(isc) .. now i want to make my career in (acting/editing) ..
just because i have a keen interest in this kind of field…
so please guide my about the best schools/university for the same .. thankyou :)

Harvey Specter
Posted at 3:50 pm June 10, 2013
sonu kumar
Reply
Author

FTII is very good film making university. I want to learn this university, What is the syllabus for the written test? what is the course, fees,and tell me about placement cell in this institute. waiting for a fast reply .Thank you

Harvey Specter
Posted at 10:51 pm May 30, 2013
solankimadan
Reply
Author

what r the requirement for ftii and what r the cutoff for it and how to apply for it and it proceger

Harvey Specter
Posted at 5:07 pm May 29, 2013
Lucky
Reply
Author

hiii A….ok but how is the facuties of trainning…???????????????…….Is their any placement after trainning…..?????????????

Harvey Specter
Posted at 1:11 pm May 15, 2013
Mayank babbar
Reply
Author

Hi I m Mayank ,I want to do diploma in editing and VFX so please tell me the best institute for this .

Harvey Specter
Posted at 9:29 am May 6, 2013
Vikash
Reply
Author

Hi I m vikash , I m joining zima for masters in filmmaking ,pls advise me if I should go for it

Harvey Specter
Posted at 7:32 pm April 6, 2013
Ramesh kumar
Reply
Author

I think ICE is the best in filmamking prog as they have live sets in mumbai .. I have got a very good experience with ice .I was a part of batch 8. I’m working with Balaji as assistant director & gaurav sharma my batch mate is also working Sanjay leela bhansali in Saraswati chandra..as an intern..They have guided visits also in live sets where they are doing rounds of shooting of the serials & movies..

Harvey Specter
Posted at 7:24 pm April 6, 2013
Ramesh kumar
Reply
Author

Ramesh babu

Harvey Specter
Posted at 2:56 am November 24, 2012
soumava
Reply
Author

Hi, I am planning to join ZIMA for the cinematography course. Can you kindly let me know whether is is good or not. AAFT and Craft offers Diploma course of 1 year each. On the other hand, zima does not offer any diploma degree.

also, as XIMA is based in mumbai, will it be helpful to get a job post completion of the course ??

Harvey Specter
Posted at 10:37 pm November 8, 2012
Riju Dutta
Reply
Author

I am doing graduation in english..i want to be a director….can someone tell me which clg will be suitable fr me?…and kindly tell me what course/courses i hv to do in order to bcome a film director

Harvey Specter
Posted at 7:50 pm August 23, 2012
mohan velu
Reply
Author

iam mohanvelu from coimbatore,( tamilnadu),,iam doing my bachelors in visual communication(electronic media) nd hav keen interest in cinematography ……i hav a lot f confusion wether 2 study DFT or 2 try into film industry….if i want 2 study which s d best? ,as iam frm a middleclas family with lot f dreams…i dnt hav any political nd financial background…..2 enter into d industry witout knwing anything….give me a suggestion ….pls..

Harvey Specter
Posted at 9:39 pm August 16, 2012
raj
Reply
Author

Hey I want to join the best school for cinematography, can anybody give me their expiriences and which school would be ideal to join.

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 2:39 pm September 24, 2012
    maesh.
    Reply
    Author

join CRAFT film school.it has the best teacher in cinematography.suresh.a.graduate from FTII IN 1984,having field experince of 20 years and 8 years of teaching exp.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 11:15 am July 13, 2012
gopal
Reply
Author

Sir,
I like to know About
Institute Of Creative Excellence(ICE)…Mumbai..
is this a good institute for Film direction Course..i like to learn from this institute.what is the course fee.and tell me about Placement cell in this institute.if you could please inform me then it will be very helpful for me….

Harvey Specter
Posted at 7:28 pm June 7, 2012
Garanpal Neota2012
Reply
Author

when i read the below comments by some students on CRAFT.i feel like re-responsible  this story which i did 5 years ago in yahoo questions answers session.It looks like some useless students are joing CRAFT film school and trying to damage the reputation of it

I thought of sharing my small story with you.i came from small town Dehradoon ,where I grew watching bolloywood films. I also wanted to study direction but got rejected two times from FTII interview . Then someone wisely advice” that film school is just begin to gain confidence that you can Make film. One has to prove oneself in the industry. “Not knowing what to do decides to find some private film school and almost visited 30-40 odd film schools (so called) based in delhi.Either they were mass communications or some media management when ever I met the admission counselor ,I always get this feeling that I will not be able to develop the “ sense of proper understanding for cinema”. I somehow came to know about this institute Located in Rohini called CRAFT(www.log2craft.org) which sounded like mathematics School from their website name but later it was more creative way to spell their Acronym!The moment you enter in this place while climbing the 3rd floor,you get the appropriate feel of cinema and I realize that they are right guys if one can get in here. I was interviewed and chances were that I will not be selected but somehow the interview board felt I am desperate and definitely wants the admission.Luckily I was 2nd in waiting and two people in the waiting list dropped for some health reason or something. Today I am so confident after our one year of study where we got to see best of international cinema which widened our horizon. At the moment I am working on this international project from Italy, docudrama about Monuments of India as an AD a contact I got through their International network of its director, naresh Sharma, who always say “If you are worth all my links are yours, so just study hard and Develop the cinematic magnet within you”

gaganpal neota.direction pass-out CRAFT.2007 BATCH

Harvey Specter
Posted at 6:52 pm June 6, 2012
Rohan 667855
Reply
Author

i really like the above selection of yours

Harvey Specter
Posted at 5:33 pm June 6, 2012
film direction courses
Reply
Author

Thanks for providing information…..

Harvey Specter
Posted at 10:38 am May 21, 2012
Saur_stranger
Reply
Author

I would like to disagree on your comment for CRAFT. I have personal experience with craft as a student and it does not deserve to be in the above mentioned list. First of all the institue is first-floor based business. It does not provide the students ambience. The theory of 10 students per batch is wrong; when i studied, there were as many as 18 to 20 students out of which 3-4 separated themselves in early days. There teaching method is too of not high quality and i was not satisfied with it. I had to leave the course midway. I must say that they have a very UNIQUE STYLE OF IMPARTING TEAHCHING. They would introduce the new relevant words to you and ask to get detail of it from GOOGLE,,,WOW IMPRESSING!!!! I am not being skeptical regarding CRAFT but the aspirants please make a thorough research before you join in…good luck

Harvey Specter
Posted at 8:52 pm May 9, 2012
niharika
Reply
Author

HEY,THANKS FOR ENLIGHTENING US….IF THE CONDITIONS ARE SO PATHETIC, I WON’T CONSIDER THAT COLLEGE IN ANY CASE.THANKS A LOT!!

Harvey Specter
Posted at 12:41 pm May 4, 2012
sureshkumar07
Reply
Author

“GESTO Culinary & Hospitality
Academy” is a renowned network of Educational Institutions dedicated to provide
highest level of Culinary and Hospitality Skills Development Training through
Top Class Programs. GESTO is a hospitality training Initiative of
Emerge Learning Services Limited, India which is one of the fastest growing
Skill Development Institutions in India to know about Hospitality Institutes
visit http://www.gestoacademy.com Its very Useful for your Feature

Harvey Specter
Posted at 9:25 pm March 19, 2012
SS.RAMU
Reply
Author

iam intresting direction cource 6monts fee how much

Harvey Specter
Posted at 11:45 am March 2, 2012
Subham
Reply
Author

hey..plz..rply..waiting for ur rply..And sugestion.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 1:55 am March 2, 2012
Subham
Reply
Author

Im in class 10..i want to study film direction or cinematography..after completing my class 12….which would the best to join WWI or the FTTI…im planning now onwards so that i dont chosse a bad institute in hurry..i hv a lot of time to thik….plz give the advice of joining which one the best….waiting for ur rply..rply fast..plzz

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 6:12 pm October 1, 2012
    raju
    Reply
    Author

join ftii,it is the best

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 11:44 pm November 12, 2012
    MUMBAI FILM ACADEMY
    Reply
    Author

Mumbai Film Academy is highly recommended by Students from all over.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 11:15 pm February 25, 2012
raghav
Reply
Author

acting,courses

Harvey Specter
Posted at 11:58 am February 20, 2012
Kritika
Reply
Author

I’m going to apply in Roshan Taneja’s school of acting.. Can some one tell me how is it? Is it really worth joining there?

Harvey Specter
Posted at 3:02 pm February 10, 2012
surendra pathak
Reply
Author

i want to about the admission in film direction and writing and what is the procedure if i apply that.
i m waiting your reply

Harvey Specter
Posted at 1:50 pm January 31, 2012
prem sagar verma
Reply
Author

sir, please suggest me which is better either zima,(mumbai) or digital acadmy,(mumbai) for film making course and which one gives a better placement.
Thanks……

Harvey Specter
Posted at 1:44 pm January 31, 2012
prem sagar verma
Reply
Author

sir, I want to do the course of film making from digital acadmy mumbai.So, please suggest me is it the right place for doing the course or I will have to choose the another one. please suggest me soon.
Thanks……..

Harvey Specter
Posted at 7:57 pm January 24, 2012
pawan
Reply
Author

sir main craft me acting ka corse karna chata hu plz help me ye koi farji to nahi

Harvey Specter
Posted at 8:19 pm December 16, 2011
gatti aditya
Reply
Author

watz the eliggibility to do direction course in film telivision&institute of india…me waiting for your reply

Harvey Specter
Posted at 1:51 am November 28, 2011
amit pushp
Reply
Author

which is the best institute of film making
1-ftii
2-aaft
3-zima
4-ice
give me answer plz
and i living in gwalior mp

Harvey Specter
Posted at 12:21 pm November 21, 2011
gaurav sharma
Reply
Author

i want to take information that one course. sir please send me on this id

Harvey Specter
Posted at 1:05 pm November 18, 2011
rohan agrawal
Reply
Author

is there a guarantee that all students of these colleges will have a part in films?

Harvey Specter
Posted at 10:10 pm November 4, 2011
milan kochar
Reply
Author

who is best institute for film direction beetween AAFT,noida and CRAFT,delhi.plz give me fast reply

Harvey Specter
Posted at 8:42 pm November 2, 2011
gaurav sharma
Reply
Author

i want learn film directory

Harvey Specter
Posted at 3:26 pm October 21, 2011
Rahul bhardwaj
Reply
Author

Harvey Specter
Posted at 12:54 am September 24, 2011
srirup sett
Reply
Author

sir i want to know within craft Delhi and Noida Asian film academy which is better? though i know craft’s course fees is not expensive but it will help me to find a job?

Harvey Specter
Posted at 1:30 pm September 19, 2011
kishor kumar thakur
Reply
Author

Sir i want to know what is fee structure of ftii pune in 3 months and 1 years

Harvey Specter
Posted at 3:18 pm August 25, 2011
akhira
Reply
Author

I am from Craft. Craft is a better institute i have ever seen in india with a low cost and with very experienced faculty from bollywood…defenetly everybody will like it…..

Harvey Specter
Posted at 6:14 pm August 9, 2011
A
Reply
Author

DO NOT JOIN Institute of Creative Excelance in Mumbai..
The management is ver bad.
They are only after the money and nothing else..
They will keep calling you until you pay the money and thats it..
After that they dont care about you at all..
They say, if you have any problem with the course come talk to us…but they never help you..
TRUST ME there are other better places to study about film and acting!
ICE is not good!

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 11:12 am April 28, 2012
    RD
    Reply
    Author

Hi, thanks for this review. I was thinking of joining ICE. but based your feedback/review, it appears that they are no good/genuine. Thanks again

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 7:46 pm April 6, 2013
    Ramesh kumar
    Reply
    Author

I beg to differ as I’m working with Balaji as an assistant director after doing the prog & as an institute I think AAFT is much moremoney minded as they charge you Rs.3600/- initialy before go for a selection process.

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 5:10 pm May 29, 2013
    Lucky
    Reply
    Author

Hiii A….According to you I.C.E is not good…but how…????????????????

Harvey Specter
Posted at 4:35 pm August 5, 2011
television academy in mumbai
Reply
Author

thnx for the information

Harvey Specter
Posted at 10:46 pm August 3, 2011
Varun Batra
Reply
Author

Dear sir/mam
If i have to make a choice between CRAFT and AAFT , which one is good as Craft faculty and infrastructure is not of a standard level.
For Mumbai , Is there any other institute apart from Whistling Woods which provides valuable teachings.What about Zee Institute of Media Arts? Is it good?

Awaiting for your reply.Hope to get substantial reply from you.
Thanks

Harvey Specter
Posted at 6:29 pm July 8, 2011
kaushik saikia
Reply
Author

Respected, sir. i want to be a directer like james kemorun. so plz tell me which institute is best for me. course fees, placemant, i m contact to whislewood international, there course fees is to high. film direction fee within 2year diploma is 16 lakh 45 thousand. so, i m requesting you to suggest me, what is best for me

Harvey Specter
Posted at 5:46 pm June 24, 2011
akshay vasishtha
Reply
Author

i have completed my xii and i am looking for some real good courses in film institutes

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 7:36 pm June 24, 2011
    YouthKiAwaaz
    Reply
    Author

We hope this list helped you, Akshay :)

Harvey Specter
Posted at 9:36 pm June 20, 2011
Dron Guha
Reply
Author

Sir,
I like to know About

Harvey Specter
    Posted at 8:35 pm November 14, 2012
    rahulsharma
    Reply
    Author

i would say,ICE is not a better choice the fees is all around 3
    lakhs,they keep calling u for money,they dont provide good placements
    too,students are rarely placed from there,even they have their own
    production house…

Harvey Specter
Posted at 2:50 pm June 20, 2011
sayan chowdhury
Reply
Author

how to apply for Film And Television institute of india,pune?and what is the syllabus for the written test?waiting for a fast reply.thank you