Independence Day 2011 at Sewa Kutir #PhotoNama

Posted on August 18, 2011 in PhotoNama

Incessant rain at many places dampened the spirit of Independence Day celebrations this year. Most people chose to stay indoors  and spend the day as ‘just-another-holiday-to-rest’. But the students of Sewa Kutir, Hostel for College Going Blind Students, Kingsway Camp, Delhi were very enthusiastic. These students are born blind, they do not have any color in their lives but their spirit is high. Our intern Jyoti Rathore shares photographs of Independence Day celebration at Sewa Kutir.

Empty roads on Independence Day. The rain kept people indoors.

Desolate Car Parking at a residential area

Sewa Kutir, Hostel for College Going Blind Students, Kingsway Camp, New Delhi

Umashankar, President of the Blind Student’s Union and a staff member of Sewa Kutir

Students of the hostel queuing up for Flag Hoisting

Rain could in no way dampen their spirit

Staff and Students enthusiastically preparing for Flag-Hoisting

The National Flag is being hoisted by Umashankar, President of the Blind Student’s Union

The National Flag unfurls at Sewa Kutir

The National Flag flies high at Sewa Kutir on Independence Day as an inmate of the Hostel said “Love and respect for your nation can be seen in your deeds and not loud words”

All the images are a copyright of the photographer. Please DO NOT COPY.

YouthKiAwaaz.com is an award-winning and India's largest online platform for young people to express themselves on issues of critical importance. This article has been written by a Youth Ki Awaaz Journalist. You can submit an article too. Click here to write for Youth Ki Awaaz - share your opinions and get heard.