What Is The Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena, And Who Gave Them These Rights?

By Anshul Tewari:

Yesterday, 3 men, 1 from Sri Ram Sena, and 2 from the little known Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena barge inside Prashant Bhushan’s office and brutally assault him. Today, foot soldiers of this same Sena protest against Bhushan outside the Patiala House Court and bash up 5 supporters of Prashant Bhushan, again, brutally.

Emerged out of the blue, members of the Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena have swarmed news headlines since the past 2 days and have managed to get enough coverage to stay in limelight for the next few weeks. What seems more or less like a sub-group of Sri Ram Sena has the audacity to take the law in their own hands, first inside the supreme judicial body in India, and then outside the Patiala House Court. The incident came as two of those arrested for the attack on Bhushan – Vishnu Gupta and Tejendra Pal Bagga – were produced in court today. Both were sent to a day’s judicial custody.

Sadly, video footage shows the police doing not much about the attack that happened today. These goons against the right to freedom of speech and expression seem to be confident enough to deliver justice through fists and feet, a trait demonstrated previously by the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena, the Shiv Sena, Sri Ram Sena and many more local political hard-line groups.

These close minded citizens of this country, most of them in their 20s seem to be frustrated with life so much so that they would not give it a thought before going for a kill.

Talking of audacity, a member of the Sena clearly stated that they would beat up anyone who passes anti-national statements. Open threat!

Enough of all this. I wonder who gave them the right to take to such heinous methods to deliver their viewpoint? It’s better to stop them before they grow. Period!

Receive the week's top youth opinions right in your mailbox

We hate spam as much as you do!

About The Author

YouthKiAwaaz.com is an award winning, India's largest online and mobile platform for young people to express themselves on issues of critical importance. This article has been written by a Youth Ki Awaaz Journalist/Contributor. You can submit an article too. Click here to write for Youth Ki Awaaz, or to submit a photo or a video.