Nirmaan Organisation: Showing The Youth How To Help The Country

Posted on November 23, 2011 in Volunteerism

By Neetha Kurup:

As a student of BITS, Pilani I have witnessed students performing incredible tasks when it comes to achieving something. Of the many clubs and departments on campus, there is one that stands out: the Nirmaan Association.

The Nirmaan Organization is an NGO–a not-for-profit organization that aims at empowering our nation through knowledge and a sound economy, eradicate poverty and provide opportunities to the underprivileged of the country.

Originally established by the students of BITS, Pilani in the month of February 2005, Nirmaan got registered as an NGO in 2007. With eight chapters spread through six different states and 500 members, Nirmaan is an organization to be respected.

Have you ever crossed the road and noticed little children selling toys or peanuts and often wondered whether there is something more you can do for them? More than half of India’s 1.2 billion is less than 25 years of age. With such an advantage, it often falls upon the shoulders of the youth to do something to lift our country to the status of a developed nation.

Every child has the right to education. This education could help our country in so many ways; it is the way we start to remove all other ills of the society. Along with the education, every member of the society deserves to be given a chance to work for his daily bread–so he can provide for himself and his family.

Nirmaan is an organization that strives to provide both these facilities to the deprived in the country. One example of how they help these people is that during fests in colleges, Nirmaan sets up booths that help sell handicrafts made by them. The proceeds go to their development.

The question is, are the efforts of one such organization enough? An organization of 500 members in a country of 1.2 billion people? Yes. There are many who go about wondering about what they can do. But there are only a few who set out to doing it, and it is only those who make a difference.

Chandrahas.M

Nice article. I’m a Nirmaan volunteer btw!

It is high time that youth steps out and help the society solve the problems. Nirmaan and similar organisations are the best platforms to do the very small things that bring about a big change.

Srinivas.T

I appreciate you .i am from guntur.rvr&jc college of engineering.i would like to meet with you.my mobile no.9441685651