Own Your Social Project – Ekjaa Campus Leader!

Posted on November 19, 2011 in Specials

Ekjaa brings Organisations and Social enterprises in India at a common platform. It promotes and connects social organizations with funding agencies, corporate and individuals with tools and skills to address their needs. The holistic development of the sector needs a mix of right skills, tools, people and funding which could be facilitated by building strong inter-sectoral collaborative partnerships, building the capacity of the human resource, creating and leveraging networks for innovations.

The Ekjaa Campus Leader (ECL) program transforms people to undertake leadership roles and hones managerial skills. The Leader would form a team of Task Managers who would perform pre-disbursal monitoring and select the project. The projects would be further streamlined by the Leader and showcased and marketed on online social portals and offline. The Campus Leaders and Task managers would own the social project on Ekjaa, that is doing marketing of the project through Ekjaa, ensuring the right use of funds, working on fund-raising strategies, HR and finance related activities. This gives people an opportunity to implement their knowledge at grass root level and gain practical experience.

Social Monitoring on the campuses of India to assist NPOs and monitor their project for successful completion and generate maximum social impact. Ekjaa has introduced a unique mode to showcase genuinity of the projects by performing pre-disbursal and post-disbursal Social monitoring. It has successfully conducted the process for Educational, Advocacy and Networking related projects and is looking out for Leaders across Campuses who can undertake the task.

The program is already being implemented at IIT-Mumbai by Aditi Jain who views it as “ a unique opportunity for young people to use their skills to achieve a unanimous growth” and at Vellore Institute of Technology by Abhishek Jain. Abhishek is proud to be associated with a project that aims at “accelerating the momentum of the ongoing social revolution in India.”

These kind of programs encourage community engagement and guides youth on the way to be rightly involved in social welfare activities and indulge a sense of responsibility in them towards society. To get involved in the program mail at [email protected] and to know more about Ekjaa visit www.ekjaa.org

YouthKiAwaaz.com is an award-winning and India's largest online platform for young people to express themselves on issues of critical importance. This article has been written by a Youth Ki Awaaz Journalist. You can submit an article too. Click here to write for Youth Ki Awaaz - share your opinions and get heard.