LEH LEH Sports To Launch Amateur Football League ‘LEH Khel LEH’

Posted on December 10, 2011 in Events, Sports

As part of it’s efforts to increase participation in sports and in turn enhance the sporting culture in the Delhi NCR, LEH LEH Sports is launching an amateur 6 a side football league called LEH Khel LEH on the 11th of Dec, 2011 in Delhi. The matches will be held at the DDA Mini Football Ground, adjacent to Sector B1 & B7 in Vasant Kunj, New Delhi. Each team will comprise 8 members with 6 on the field and 2 rolling substitutes. Each team must have at least 2 girls in their line up with 1 girl on the field at all times. Not just for the players, the audience also get involved in the fun with music, commentary and penalty kicks in between matches.

Siddharth Pandey, Founder of LEH LEH Sports says, “The idea of our venture is fun, friends and fitness through amateur sports. Our last such initiative was a huge success. One of the highlights of the same was our requirement to have girls on every team and we had a few of them who outclassed their male counterparts. Our youngest participant was 4 years old and the oldest was 84 years old. Everyone who participated had a fantastic time and we had requests to make this a regular feature which has led to the creation of LEH Khel LEH”

AIESEC in Delhi IIT, a youth leadership development organisation in the city has come on board as one of the partners for this league. The Beer Cafe Vasant Kunj is also partnering with LEH LEH Sports as the Cheer Partner for LEH Khel LEH.

For sports enthusiasts in the city, this is an opportunity to get off the couch and on to the playfield for a fun way to fitness.

To schedule interviews or for any media enquiries please call 9560956747 OR email [email protected]

YouthKiAwaaz.com is an award-winning and India's largest online platform for young people to express themselves on issues of critical importance. This article has been written by a Youth Ki Awaaz Journalist. You can submit an article too. Click here to write for Youth Ki Awaaz - share your opinions and get heard.