2011: The Year That Shall Be Remembered; A Very Happy New Year

Posted on January 1, 2012 in The Opinionated, Youth Ki Awaaz news

By Anshul Tewari:

2011 was the year of protests, the year when the youth woke up to fight against corruption in India. The year when a few legendary souls departed, and dictators and terrorists died.

The Arab world was shaken and stirred by the stream of protests, it was not a happy year for them, for those who died, for their families and loved ones, and for those who still fight in the cold night while you read this article.

Closer to home, the Government was made to jump off the safety couch by Team Anna and the protesters who shouted loud against corruption. There was no stopping. Now even as the fight against corruption seems to be strayed away from the path it started, the young people have proved what they can do if they all get together and be determined enough to fight against all odds.

Lucky we are that we are in an era that moves with the speed of light, a democracy that allows us to speak freely.

As 2011, the year that will make a mark in history for one of the most eventful years of the era, comes to an end, let’s hope for a better tomorrow and a brighter beginning. A very Happy New Year to you all from the entire team of Youth Ki Awaaz. We shall strive to serve you better in 2012.