The Hindu Takes On Times Of India With Intelligent Advertising

Posted on January 26, 2012 in Media and Culture, The Opinionated

By Anshul Tewari:

The Hindu, known to be a newspaper with intelligent reporting has taken the Times of India head on with its new ad that suggests the latter to be an entertainment only newspaper. The ad is a retaliation to an ad by Times of India for their Chennai launch, suggesting that The Hindu is a boring paper. With much criticism hurled towards the Times of India by the intelligent reader, the paper still stands at being the English daily with maximum circulation figures in India. However, one look at the content quality on the TOI website will suggest the degrading quality in their reporting, as suggested by readers.

Whereas, The Hindu newspaper and website, both display an image of serious and unbiased reportage, with some of the best editorials and opinions – however, the paper still stands at a much less readership than Times of India. May be the advertisement, with the tagline, “Stay ahead of the Times”, gaining popularity on YouTube and Facebook will turn the tables?

What do you think?