Examination Blues

Posted on February 22, 2012 in Youth Affairs

By Diksha Sharma:

When is it that you get to see the universal constipated expression on every face that your eyes stop to look at in college? Well you got it, it’s an easy one. It’s when you see the date sheet crawling all over the notice board announcing proudly and majestically that the mighty exams are approaching. A series of nightmares follow. Brows curled up, creases and perspiration all over the forehead; you prepare yourself for the inevitable. Everybody has a different way of dealing with it.

During exam days, every emotion, every activity and every feeling is magnified to ten times the usual. Even if you’ve never before missed home, you spend hours weeping and wailing over your ‘good’ old days back at home. Hunger reaches its highest levels possible which explains the new flab hanging out from all sides. The ultimate desire to sleep has never been stronger and the excuse to ‘freshen our minds’ makes us play the meanest games in our mobile phones.

So tensed we are, that we don’t even spare the lavatory in planning the notes we would study next and when back in room, with the notes right in front of our eyes, we sit and dream of how cool it would be if our papers got exchanged with the toppers at the last minute. The smallest and the most stupid, unnecessary, ‘non discussable’ discussions generate the highest attention in our neurons. From politics to nail polishes, we discuss it all! The best we can do is ask around how much other people have studied and bore them with how we ended up studying not a word the whole day.

Our behavior during exams, if nothing, is hilarious. We can witness people studying in unimaginable positions, promising themselves how they’d study from the very start next semester. The best part is when people secretly bribe gods with the sudden daily visits to the nearby temple.

So, for all of those who could relate to the above written lines, who could see their story in it, who smiled to themselves all through it, and for the incorrigible ones who plan to do all of this yet again, good luck for the upcoming exams.

Siva

A good article on the nightmare of students’ preparation! I totally went through it, and now realize that it has not just happened to me alone:)

Diksha Sharma

Everybody goes through this. you should never have felt you suffered the torment alone in the first place! 😀