The Need to Preserve India’s Handicrafts: A Look at The Crafts Museum (Photo Story)

Posted on February 28, 2012 in PhotoNama

By Jyoti Rathore:

Despite the growth of the handicrafts industry in India, the average earnings of the craftsmen, when compared to other fields, are still very low. However, the birth of National Handicrafts and Handloom Museum at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi brought excitement to the artisans of different states of the country.

The Crafts Museum in Delhi is still known for its pursuits at ensuring the survival of Handicrafts. Here we can see the real aura and ambience of rural India. Mud huts, terracotta motifs, paintings, and folk dance forms — all at one place.

My first visit to this place gives me a real strength to know about the different cultures existing within different states. Inside the Museum, we can see traditional Indian crafts, wooden carvings, paintings, images. Also featured were art forms like the famous Gopitua dance of Orissa which is only performed by boys, Folk and tribal paintings of different regions of the country, metal work, and famous paper Mache works of Kashmir.

Collin

These artworks look so very beautiful and it is a pity that the artisans don’t get paid as much as they really should which is making many of them leave the business. Our organization Craftsvilla aims to help such artisans and craftsmen sell their creations online. We have over 1,00,000 handmade and handcrafted products from all parts of India. Probably we could help sell some of these creations online. Jyothi if any of them are interested, they could mail us at [email protected] and we would be glad to help.

Marble Painting

The set of handicraft items shared are very beautiful and highly attractive and these are availing great visual appearance as well. Indian artworks including handicrafts are very well known for the beauty associated and the classical appearance availed as well. These all are telling why Indian handicrafts are so much adored everywhere.

Alka fashion jewels

Great job done we at alkafashionjewels.com also have some great jewellery designs.