5 Women We Salute This International Women’s Day

Posted on March 11, 2012 in Society, Video

No we are not late. International Women’s Day is today, it was yesterday, and it will be tomorrow again. It is everyday. And celebrating the spirit of womanhood, we salute these 5 women heroes of the country. Check out their stories below.

The Women of Gulabi Gang in Bundelkhand

Binalakshmi Nepram conferred CNN IBN Real Heroes Award 2011

Guj: Real Hero Mittal fights for nomadic tribes

Sindhutai, a mother of many abandoned children

Irom Sharmila’s 10-year fast

Have more women heroes to add? Do comment about them in the section below.

If you are viewing this over email, click here to watch the videos.

Desmond Coutinho

Your salutation is worthless and hypocritical like the moral support of Manipuris. This last election they voted back the government they consider oppressive. No one asks about the legality of the refusal to allow her visitors, she does not require casual visitors, there should be some regulations but the blanket ban is illegal. It was brought in after Imphal Police Commandoes were given complete control of security for Imphal City (65% of the population). But none of the so called supporters in Delhi or Manipur will challenge it. And we cannot find a lawyer who will represent her. A simple High Court action would succeed in asserting her constitutional rights. Her brother has always worked for the police commandoes. I will not bar him from our wedding. He got the franchise purportedly by deceiving the CM. But they all work together. The Managing Trustee JPF which diverted all her prize money from good causes in Manipur to the cronies of the family which runs the police commandoes is now an MLA in the Ibobi Singh Government, a minister if he carries on with the psychophancy. Publish or don’t the truth is a weed. The one thing the report says which rings true is that she is on her own. There are many hangers on. And a few true friends who are too afraid to reveal any help they offer her. But around them such slimy hypocritical dogs. The only enemy is mind. You people have no come back if you seek the truth but you are too lazy greedy and remain in ignorance. Or do you really believe I am an international sex spy because a better question to me would have been, Desi can you prove that you are an international sex spy rather than ask me to deny it.