Vridavan Rejoices As The Festival Of Colours Takes Over [PHOTOS] #PhotoNama

Posted on March 12, 2012 in PhotoNama

Text by Arpit Gupta. Photographs by Seema Thakur.

Vrindavan – known for its unique celebration of colorful festival, Holi. A Land of Lord Krishna commonly called as “Bihari ji” and “Thakur ji”. Holi celebrations in Vrindavan continue continued for 8 days and a lot of devotees come here from different part of India to celebrate this festival of colors. On the 7th of March, huge amounts of devotees were seen inside the temple of “Bihari ji” throwing colors on others and chanting “Radhe Radhe”.

Holika Dahan which is also called Dhulendi took place at the 12 midnight inside the premises of Raghunath temple with all devotees, from students, to young professionals, to old couples and all others.

Check out the photographs below. All photos are a copyright of the photographers. Please do not copy.

Holi at Bihari Ji temple in Vrindavan
Holi dahan at the Raghunath temple in Vrindavan
Holi dahan in Vrindavan