#ARTICLE17: Untouchability in Meeting God: How Dalit Youths Were Refused Religious Participation

Tweet
Add an opinion

In 2011, when Dalit youths of a village decided to participate in the festivities at a local Shiva temple, they were barred from entering the premises. The youths called on the police for intervention. When presented with a chance to end years of oppression, the police washed their hands of the matter and refused to be involved.

Stop Untouchability. Sign the Petition.

Watch more such videos here.

Tweet
Add an opinion
Like us on FB?  

Disclaimer: Youth Ki Awaaz is an independent, non-partisan media platform. The views of our writers don't necessarily represent the views of the platform. If you disagree with anything we publish, please send us an alternative view, or comment and register your disagreement. Know more about how Youth Ki Awaaz works.

Join the conversation

1 comment

1. subhashini vepulaparthi

I saw the videos related to UNTOUCHABILITY which has been continuing till tiday.Are DALITHS or to be treated as lower community people are not human beings? Why they are treated as aanimals.Article 14 guarantees EQUALITY.Article 17 abolishes untouchability.But the Atrocities against SC&ST’s stii continuing.It is the duty of the GOVERNMENT to provide atleast minimum standards of living conditions to the daliths.I really felt that their vulnerable conditions of living.Even water facilities are not provided.The little children digging the sand and taking the water.Are they facilitating the minimum education opportunities?The difference between the rich and the poor and the difference between the forward castes and SC&ST’s still growing.They won’t to sit infront of their presence also.This is the minimum requirement to them providing food for surviving their life.What measures have to be taking in that aspect?

Type to Search

See all results