UP Government Living Up To The Laptop Promise

Tweet
Add an opinion

By Twesh Mishra:

There seems to be a ray of hope for those who were impressed by Samajwadi party’s election manifesto. The Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav while initiating on the promise to provide free laptops and tablets to students formed a committee to oversee the purchase and distribution of laptops.

The committee, headed by Uttar Pradesh’s first Muslim Chief secretary Javed Usmani would be negotiating with IT majors for fulfilling the promises made by the SP poll manifesto. The committee would also be consisting 9 principal secretaries, including those of Information, Finance, IT, Planning, and Higher Education besides secretary (Secondary Education).

For the 28.14 lakh Class X and 18.19 lakh Class XII students, the state is inviting proposals for the supply of some 47 lakh tablets and laptops. The committee would be negotiating the prices to sustain the crumbling exchequer since the Samajwadi Party’s claim is likely to bear a price tag of Rs 4,555 crore. If official sources are to be believed, the government has already explored the possibility of obtaining laptops and tablets with HCL. The IT major’s Chairman, Mr Shiv Nadar and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav have already held initial discussions in this regard.

Even though the IT giant has expressed its willingness to facilitate the supply of the required number of laptops and tablets, the government is willing to explore other options available. Secretary Secondary Education and a member of the committee formulated to oversee the laptop and tablet distribution, Partha Sarthi Sen Sharma clarified, “The chief minister has made it amply clear that we need to go for competitive bidding and to get the best and cheapest and we are working in that direction.” He also assured that the work underway is in earnest and right direction.

The state government is believed to be working on a time-bound schedule and the gadgets might begin to roll out sometime around September. “It is a massive exercise, right from procurement, stocking to distribution and it will definitely take some time,” an official said. If sources are to be believed, the Chief Minister is personally monitoring this project.

The Uttar Pradesh government has the mammoth task of maintaining the 8.08% GDP growth rate attained in 2010-2011 and reducing the debt burden of Rs 2.21 lakh crore. Mr Yadav’s promises have been instrumental in making him the youngest chief minister of state but won’t assure him of being able to live up to them.

Twesh Mishra is the Political Correspondent of Youth Ki Awaaz.

Tweet
Add an opinion
Like us on FB?  

Disclaimer: Youth Ki Awaaz is an independent, non-partisan media platform. The views of our writers don't necessarily represent the views of the platform. If you disagree with anything we publish, please send us an alternative view, or comment and register your disagreement. Know more about how Youth Ki Awaaz works.

Join the conversation

30 comments

1. ravi dixit

meri sister 2012 mai 12th pass kiya hai laptop kab tak miliga

2. archana

mai ye janna chahti hu k jisne 2013 me 12th ka exam diya ho. to use laptop kb milega.or hum registration kha pe kar skte hai.koi website hai kya iski.

3. jahid khan

when we will get laptop in this birth or next birth.. is someone tell me????????..

4. I AM kamal israni mere inter board 2012 me 72% tha kya laptop ki koi vitran ki date bata sakte hai sir kyu ki mujhe course karne me asani ho jaae thanku i live in kanpur u.p

5. mohit

moh.gokul nager chandpur up

6. mohit

hello sir when we get laptop tell me sir plz me 12th me ho or mary 63% namber hame kab melage laptob i leave in chandpur distt (bijnor)

7. abhishek trivedi

will that who left U.P. and gone some where else for higher studies can get laptop???????

8. shahwaiz, danish

hello sir when we wil get laptop tell me sir plz

9. Savan kumar

sir main ye janna chahta hoon ki maine bhi 12th 2012 mein clear kiya hai aur ye janna chahta hoon ki laptop kab tak milega,plz thoda jaldi bataye aur kya karna padega

10. shipra

m a 12th pass student …n i secured 90% marks…would i get my laptop…plz rply fast..m waitng..i want my laptop..plz

11. shivshankar pandey

12. kaushlendra

mai kaushlendra singh class 10 per 73%

13. Santosh Kumar From Gorakhpur

My brother also clear 12 class with 60% marks.
    I hope, he will also get as you have promise with us.
    But it’s not clear that what is the condition to get the PC.
    Santosh Kumar

14. shivam

im also passed class 10 and the % of class 10 is 76 according to up government promises when we get tablet

15. km. priyank

sir
    mere marks 55% aye hae kya mujhhe laptop milega

16. ishan tandon

same here how to get laptop n wen

• jahid khan

its very easy to get laptop.
      . you know how????

17. Abhay Narayan Shukla

Ham logo ko kab tak tablet milega

18. Abhay Narayan Shukla

Mai 10th class me tha mere 82.16% hai. ham logo ko kab tak tablet milega

19. anwar niazi

how to get laptop …? what about the process……by through principal of school and D.I.O.S…or any other process??/tell me immdiaete..

20. Pranjal Gupta

i m also completed my 12 class ..
    i want my laptop as per the up goverment promise..

21. neeraj yadav

mai 10th mai tha kya muje tablet milega, jabki mere 87.5% hai

22. Rahul kumar

me 10th me hu aur mere 75% result aya hai kya mujhe tablet milega.

23. Ankitrajawat

kya 12th class pass ko laptops milenge

Type to Search

See all results