“Think Positive” Win Positively

Posted on May 17, 2012 in Society

By Anavil Jaiswal:

Cogito ergo sum a Latin phrase means ‘I think, therefore I am’. Thinking is one of the most significant mental activities of a man. A man is but the product of his thoughts; what he thinks, he becomes. Our thoughts attract the incidents of our lives, determining our destiny. Thus, we should always think positive, whatever our situation may be. Like there is a key for every lock, for every issue there exist a solution, the need is to focus our ability on searching for it. There is a way out of every labyrinth; there is an answer to every enigma. A dedicated and determined person finds a way amongst all the odds undaunted by the challenges throughout.

Being confident is one of the ingredients of positive thinking. It boosts the morale and creates diligence to achieve a goal. The loss of confidence makes a man pessimist, weak or a dead man. One should always remember that success comes in a can, ‘I can’. Thus, believing in one self and one’s potential is a stepping stone to success. Before getting into action one should plan and imagine the positive outcome, which when visualized with concentration and faith, delivers amazing results. Patience and perseverance add much to the flavour.

Churchill rightly said, “Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.” One should never be discouraged by any challenge or any failure that comes in the way. The environment of an individual affects the most, so do the surroundings, the company of the people should be carefully selected.

The direction in which one invests his energy also plays a vital role. Instead of focussing on frivolous matters, only the fruitful should be emphasized upon. Physical activities and regular exercise help in the releasing of hormones which make a person feel good and positive. A keen perception and a broad outlook make one think in a different and unique manner which adds to positivity of thoughts. The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.

It is better to think nothing than thinking something negative, as zero is greater than a negative number. We get so engrossed in accumulating the gains that we forget the prevention of the losses. Thus, not only various ways are to be followed to stay positive and live a successful life, however any infiltration of the insidious negative thoughts should be constantly checked. The anti- virus installed in our mind must be strong and vigilant enough so as to eradicate any intrusion of the numerous viruses in the form of negative thoughts present externally. The role of thoughts in a person’s life is well defined in the lines:

Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become your character.
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.

Tarun Cherukuri

I totally agree with your reflection Anavil. Buddha said something to similar effect, “You are what your thoughts are”. I was curious to know how you practice it on a daily basis. The article did not give me enough insights into your personal challenges or approaches. While there is a whole branch of positive psychology in theory which you might be interested in going into, the challenge I constantly run into is one of applying the principles into practice. 

Zealoticwriter (Anavil)

Dear Tarun, 
    I understand your situation. Thanks for the suggestion of positive psychology, though I am already through with the same. To know about my personal challenges, see me at  http://www.facebook.com/anaviljaiswal?ref=tn_tnmn

Girija Semuwal

Many congratulations on a well-written post. I think ‘positive thinking’ should be inculcated in an individual from the very beginning; like an important author on self-help puts it – ‘it should be the first lesson taught to children’. Parents and benefactors are always concerned about their children’s studies but seldom pay attention to address children’s thinking. As an individual grows up he picks up many a negative influence without learning the  power of positive thinking. And as the ‘destiny cycle’, described clearly in this post, states, individuals define the course of their lives under these influences. Unfortunately, the overwhelming focus on money, power and status keep us from focusing from things that really matter in life, like positive thinking. 

Zealoticwriter (Anavil)

Dear Girija,
    Thanks a lot. I appreciate your thoughts and the analysis of the typical life of a child. I completely agree with you. Emphasis should be given on the thought process rather on memorization of facts & figures.
    The role of parents is vital in the moulding of a child’s life which I threw light on, even in the article:  http://www.youthkiawaaz.com/2012/05/human-sexuality-lets-discuss-the-least-discussed/

Shivangi Singh

Anavil Jaiswal, you’re a Genius! Keep up the good work! 

Zealoticwriter (Anavil)

Thanks a lot, Shivangi! for the appreciation as well as the motivation. People like you are my strength, my energy, my fervour and much more.

Dinesh Choudhary Boxer

“”Success Never Permanent ,
  And Failure Never Final , 
 So Don’t Stop Your Effort’s Until Your Victory Make A History “”””””  

Zealoticwriter(Anavil)

Hi Dinesh, 
    I appreciate the profound thought shared by you. I also believe in the same. Also, Success is merely the journey, not the destination.Cheers!!Anavil