The ‘In” Thing: Petrol Price Hike

Posted on June 10, 2012 in Society

By Kkanchan Mittal:

Petrol is at its highest ever. The middle class people who drive in to work from shining suburbs are taken aback with their fuel bills rising dramatically. India has always been facing acute starvation, unemployment and most importantly corruption. The problem seems to worsen with each passing year. Instead of finding a way to such issues, we have another problem to worry about now. Petrol Prices shoot up every year adding to the misery of Indians. Of course the government doesn’t understand our plight. The poor man’s dream to buy his “first car” is only a dream now, which is not coming true anytime soon, thanks to the Indian Government.

I think it’s been rightly said by the Tamil Nadu CM- reducing the rate by 2 rupees is like feeding popcorn to a starving man. Now with this rise, the budget-conscious wallet will only make the common man boil, leading to more bandhs, marches and endless fasting. Kerosene is for the poor man. The rich will keep buying limos because they are never hit, and the common man will keep dreaming for a car of his own. A middle class petrol car brings joy of elevation, but later will come the sting. Though the petrol hike will boost up the usage of public transport, but there is way to put things across. At this rate, instead of buying petrol, it’s going to get to a point where it will be cheaper to just hire people to push your car in India. Public transport will no longer be termed as retro, there will be no more cribbing about traffic jams or screams in road rage, but of course there will be chances that crowd will crush you as people move in tides and you end up running late for an important appointment.

Nobody can help it as government does not like our gasoline, and will charge us more for that. If the government thinks it’s going to improve the condition of the economy then they are so wrong, it’s going to make things worse instead; the middle class will continue to suffer, and the rich will continue to get richer. Much of this is the fault of the government. The government has shown itself incapable of attracting investments, controlling inflation, increasing production or even taking decisions. I, on behalf over half of middle-class Indians, urge the government to rise above vote-bank politics and have an empathetic look at us. We don’t amount to very much in revenue terms. But the signals we send out may well determine the future of this government.

sonakshi madan

“UNITED WE STAND,DIVIDED WE FALL”.Its high time that entire should raise the voice against it.Nobody can do that alone.Its stupidity to depend on others with a hope that others are capable of doing that.Its the time that everyone should come up together as “ONE INDIA”.