Harry Potter”s Sensational Author Is Back With Her Newest Book To Tingle Adults

Posted on July 16, 2012

By Sonakshi Madan:

After the gigantic success of Harry Potter series, amazing author J.K.Rowling is back with her spick-and-span book “The Casual Vacancy” which is designed by Mario J Pulice and features an illustration and lettering by Joel Holland. After captivating the hearts of millions of children for ages by creating the wizard world of Harry Potter, one of best-seller fiction author J.K.Rowling targets to enthral adults this time by her newest literary endeavour.

Little, Brown and Company, unveiled the cover of the much anticipated book for its titillated readers on July 3, 2012. The recent cover release of the book features a large “X” in black colour in bold character that appears in a black box with scintillating yellow border and red background. The title “The Casual Vacancy” is set in Italics in white colour.

The world’s first billionaire author has aimed to charm adults for the first time with her brand-new novel. 512 pages book (hopefully enough to satiate fans ravenous appetites for more) is delineated as “a big novel about a small town” by the publishers.

The hardback version of the book is estimated to cost around 20 pounds and the e-book around 11.99 pounds in Britain.
“The Casual Vacancy” is set to hit bookstores globally on September 27, 2012 with a roar. Publishers promised a “blackly comic, thought-provoking and constantly surprising” story. The story is set in a halcyon English town named as Pagford and whirls around an election to the parish council, supervened by the trauma of passing away of Barry Fairbrother who was in his early 40s with no clue behind his death.

Zealous Rowling earlier unfolded that she was keen to “explore new territory”. She said: “Although I’ve enjoyed writing it every bit as much, my next book will be very different to the Harry Potter series. I have written fresh material, including background details on the characters and places that feature in the books”.

Twitter and the Little, Brown and Company’s Facebook page are flooded with fans reaction on the latest cover release. Fans are taking a bit of umbrage at the cover design. Few even called it too bland. A spokesman for booksellers Waterstones said: “While it is great to see such a bold cover image, it’ll cause frustration among those desperate to find out more about the plot. There are no clues here. As ever, the JK Rowling guessing game continues”. No doubt after being used to watching of Rowling’s book covers illustrated with wizards, phoenixes, dragons etc, the latest cover comes as a shock to the awaiting readers and I think that they could have done a better job. But not to forget -never judge a book by its cover.

Everyone who has read Harry Potter will agree that you have no option left except to succumb to the mystic realm of Harry Potter. I hope the same magic continues (without wands) and departure from wizard with the transition to adults turns out to be super successful for Rowling.

Are you excited for your copy?

Ankur Saraswat

interesting…i must say very well written..after reading this i am eagerly awaiting to get my hands on copy

Sonakshi Madan

Thanks a lot ankur..

Rachit Madan

m too excited for mah copy