Celebrate The Joy Of Giving Week With Hi5 Club: Volunteer For Joy

Posted on September 14, 2012 in Volunteerism

Giving is better than receiving because giving starts the receiving process.” ~ Jim Rohn

The most special festival in India is celebrated over a period of one week called “The Joy of Giving Week“. This year, we are celebrating “giving” in the week starting from October 2nd till the 8th. To enhance the happiness obtained from this week and to increase participation, an exclusive club known by the name of Hi5 (www.hi5club.in), has come with a special volunteering program.

Hi5 is an exclusive club, for socially conscious college students across India. To be part of the club, every student has to engage in 5 hours of volunteering DURING the Joy of Giving Week, either 5 hours at a go or 1hr/day for 5 days. The goal is to have 1,00,000 students across the country participate during the week this year. Students can volunteer either on the structured opportunities provided by Bhumi (5 hrs of teaching, cleaning a beach/park, visiting an elderly home, making educational aids, sorting out clothes or doing a collection drive, etc.), or can identify their own activity. Bhumi is one of India’s largest independent youth volunteer non-profit organisations.

Colleges/students may write to [email protected] for more details regarding this activity or register directly on the website.

YouthKiAwaaz.com is an award winning, India's largest online and mobile platform for young people to express themselves on issues of critical importance. This article has been written by a Youth Ki Awaaz Journalist/Contributor. You can submit a contribution too. Click here to write for Youth Ki Awaaz, or submit a photo or video.