Celebrate The Joy Of Giving Week With Hi5 Club: Volunteer For Joy

Tweet
Add an opinion

Giving is better than receiving because giving starts the receiving process.” ~ Jim Rohn

The most special festival in India is celebrated over a period of one week called “The Joy of Giving Week“. This year, we are celebrating “giving” in the week starting from October 2nd till the 8th. To enhance the happiness obtained from this week and to increase participation, an exclusive club known by the name of Hi5 (www.hi5club.in), has come with a special volunteering program.

Hi5 is an exclusive club, for socially conscious college students across India. To be part of the club, every student has to engage in 5 hours of volunteering DURING the Joy of Giving Week, either 5 hours at a go or 1hr/day for 5 days. The goal is to have 1,00,000 students across the country participate during the week this year. Students can volunteer either on the structured opportunities provided by Bhumi (5 hrs of teaching, cleaning a beach/park, visiting an elderly home, making educational aids, sorting out clothes or doing a collection drive, etc.), or can identify their own activity. Bhumi is one of India’s largest independent youth volunteer non-profit organisations.

Colleges/students may write to [email protected] for more details regarding this activity or register directly on the website.

Over 60% of our country is under the age of 35. The problems and issues are pressing. More than ever, we need a culture of volunteerism now. If you want to receive information about how you can contribute as a volunteer, or know about different volunteering opportunities, sign up below.

Tweet
Add an opinion
Like us on FB?  

Disclaimer: Youth Ki Awaaz is an independent, non-partisan media platform. The views of our writers don't necessarily represent the views of the platform. If you disagree with anything we publish, please send us an alternative view, or comment and register your disagreement. Know more about how Youth Ki Awaaz works.

Join the conversation

Type to Search

See all results