Wishing You A Very Happy Diwali

Posted on November 13, 2012 in Specials

From top of a golden lit tree,
I saw my world glowing like it never did,
the beauty of those earthen flames,
Ganga reflecting those shimmering colours,
eyes glimmering with happiness and dreams,
I saw my world the way I wanted it to be,
And the stars said, it’s Deepawali.

The festival of lights is back with us. Diwali, brings with itself lights, colours, hopes, togetherness and dreams. While the ways of celebrating this beautiful festival changes a little with each passing year, the basic or let’s say the earthly feeling always remains the same. Diwali is always here to bring us close to our loved ones. To tell us that when we are together, we can light up the world and make it a wonderfully happy place.

Youth Ki Awaaz wishes all its readers a very happy and safe Diwali. May this day bring with itself the luminance of a marvellous future. Let us decorate the world in a way that the cloud of cracker fumes does not hide the glow of our amazing lamps.

YouthKiAwaaz.com is an award winning, India's largest online and mobile platform for young people to express themselves on issues of critical importance. This article has been written by a Youth Ki Awaaz Journalist/Contributor. You can submit a contribution too. Click here to write for Youth Ki Awaaz, or submit a photo or video.