#Babri Masjid, #Rajya Sabha: #Twitter Trends

Posted on December 7, 2012 in Indian Youth On Twitter

By Shivangi Singh: 

A lot has changed in our country in the past 20 years. The only thing which has unfortunately remained stagnant is the state of dirty, meaningless politics which plays with religious sentiments and this explains why so little has been achieved even after twenty long years of the infamous Babri Masjid demolition in Aydhya, eternal proof that ‘Unity in Diversity’ is being used simply as a façade in our 62-year old democracy.
Babri Masjid’ was the top trend on Twitter.

Sagarika Ghose– “Twitterati want dicussions on Delhi riots of 28 years ago, but demand total silence on Babri Masjid demolition of 20 years ago#babrimasjid”

Ajit Ranade– “Babri Masjid demolition actually strengthened caste-based politics leading to slow downfall of Hindutva politics”

@basitfaith– “People now demanding solution to the Babri Masjid – Ram Temple issue NOW …This issue can b expoited by fundamentalists to create terror”

@AnshuChhibber– “#ShauryaDiwas to celebrate 20 years of Babri Masjid. Its time for govt to lock all those supporting it. The same losers abuse democracy.66A”

@MaheshRSBLR– “funny that #arvindkejriwal has decided to go silent about the wholebabri masjid ayodhya fracas. oh! location is #uttarpradesh so he scared.”

@RezDm– “Babri masjid was demolished today.. a shame to all of us”

The moving of the FDI debate from Lok Sabha to Rajya Sabha stands as a testimony to the fallacy that highlighting an issue boldly doesn’t necessarily solve it. It in fact, gives more power to the negative side of the things to emerge and hinder solution-finding.
Rajya Sabha’ remained a top Twiter trend.

Gaurav Kapoor- “Rajya Sabha adjourned coz of Sachin Tendulkar. Other MP’s complaining if he can bunk to play, then why can’t they.”

@iRohitBhat-Travelling in BMTC and watching Jaitley Ji’s recorded Rajya SabhaSpeech. Very interesting points raised till now”

@Hitlerbai– “The Speaker of Loksabha and Rajya sabha Should be given a Cane Stick or wooden ruler to deal with Noisy MPs”

YouthKiAwaaz.com

YouthKiAwaaz.com is an award winning, India's largest online and mobile platform for young people to express themselves on issues of critical importance. This article has been written by a Youth Ki Awaaz Journalist/Contributor. You can submit a contribution too. Click here to write for Youth Ki Awaaz, or submit a photo or video.